Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lear car2 u

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lakebum1245 
#1 ·
I am wading through programming my garage door opener and a gated community auto gate and I am not a happy camper. I have read many posts in the archives and if I would have known about this (minor to some) issue I think I would have paid 10K more and bought a Lexus. GM....what idiot bean-counter made this descision? I'll let you know when I resolve my problems. Steve

#4 ·
Took me at least four tries (and not sure how many times on and off the ladder to hit the "learn" button on the opener) before success. You have to remember that though the exterior dates from 2006, the systems date from 2000 if not earlier. Cadillac/GM was certainly in no hurry to provide their standard of the world car with standard of the world internal workings.

#6 ·
This is not a "homelink" system. It is called a "lear car2U". I have an upper end garage door opener, a Marantec. It is not compatible with the Lear system per Marantec. They said to call Lear, which I did and was told I needed a "conversion module" to the tune of $45. When I checked on programming it to two different gate openers, one for mother-in-law and one for lake condo, I was told to call Lear again. They said sure, just get the make,model number, and frequency of the openers and then call back. I would like to wring GM's neck! When I get ready for another car, and it would have been a Caddy, if this is what they still have I will buy a Lexus. Updates coming as I get through this. Steve

#10 ·
Lakebum,

You are not alone in this. I too have a Marantek garage door opener and my DTS is the 2009 Platinum. I was not able to program it in no matter what I tried. However it did learn the code to my gates on the first try. My previous DTS was a 2006 model and It learned both systems instantly. I'm with you, I can't fathom why GM would change this
system. I will be very interested to learn what you come up with for a work-around.

Best Wishes,

Dan

#14 ·
OK everyone, Home garage door opener now works( no thanks to GM). I bought a Wayne-Dalton conversion module form "Orchestrated Home" for $30 shipped to the house. You can get them from Sears for $98. It is my understanding that W-D has stopped making these. Two wire hook-up and worked the first time with extremely simplistic directions. Only thing I didn't like was the first button you program has to be the 3rd button on the car panel. Figure that out. I always prefer the first button for home. I'll let you know how I fair with the gate openers after I go to Mother-in-laws. Thanks again, Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.