: Where do you put useful items inside .. smart phone

danoh123
11-12-12, 06:13 PM
Since 2008+ Cadillac CTS has very little room to place anything useful that I need quickly such as iphone, tissue box (special tissue box that fits into the door map pocket), trash bag, tooth picks, and sunglasses I was wondering where everyone else put them. I am most interested in where you keep the smart phone. I don't like to put anything where they obstruct anything functional (i.e. vents, switches) or attached to front windshield. Below photos show where I have place them. I have the phone holder and sun glass case using 3M Fasteners (velcro). All the smart phones I had from Palm Pilot to now iPhone5 I have used literally all kinds and styles of phone holder. I want iPhone in my view so I can pick it up and use Siri via Bluetooth to make call / answer or send or receive text (by talking or read by Siri) ... ect. all hands free.

mcneill8328
11-12-12, 10:38 PM
I would just put the tissues and sunglasses in the center console and the phone in the cup holder. Done. In my opinion, mounting things all over the inside of the car looks kinda tacky ( just my opinion ). Can I ask you what you need a trash can in your car for? Just curious. I think this is the first time I have ever seen this. I can't imagine how I could generate enough trash in my car to need a trash bag. I guess if I have trash I just throw it away when i get out of the car. I don't spend a ton of time in the car, so maybe it's just me. I prefer for things to be hidden away so the interior of the car looks clean and de-cluttered.

danoh123
11-12-12, 10:42 PM
May be its my OCD that I need thing organized and have place for everything.

Pdabs
11-13-12, 12:03 AM
Phone in cup holder.

Getch78
11-13-12, 08:54 AM
I cannot really speak to tissues, toothpicks and garbage bags, but I keep my sunglasses in the top section of the center console. It fits perfectly and I can access it whenever I need to. Phone is great in the cup holder as Pdabs and mcneill mentioned. Everyone uses their car differently and have different needs and preferences. However, given your list of items, unless you have a vehicle designed with storage in mind, such as a minivan, then this will continue to be a concern for you. Good luck!

tinman
11-14-12, 10:17 AM
I keep my glasses in either the top part of the center console or in the driver side pocket (depends on your glasses case size). For trash bag, I use a newspaper bag and keep it in the cup holder. Phone sometimes cupholder, on the passenger seat or in my pocket (usually). Kleenex - I use a regular size box (about 9" x 4-1/2" x 2" high) and it fits great where you have your trash bag, on the hump in the back seat area. No strap needed. I find that the 9" length inline with the hump stays in place with no problem.