: Cluster lights ? 2003 esv

2 loud
11-12-12, 05:52 PM
Hi there i live in sweden and got an 03 esv , i need some instructions about how tho change the lamps in the instrument cluster , one by one the lights goes down and also the gear indicator , the first lamp did die after less then a month when il bought the truck new and my thought was " EHHH i cant disturb them with yust a small lamp problem" ,

i called the swedish GM agent today and they told me i needed a new cluster , and that they dont sell the bulbs for it

hold on thight ,, the dealer here in sweden asks for $1120 so it aint an option to swap cluster ,

the gear indicator i bent the legs on the back of the bourd and it turnd on again ,, i will solvd it later on but now i need som info about how i shall get inside the cluster , il guess i need to go from the panelside and take away the needels but how will i do that and how will i do to get them back in the right position ? ,, there must been someone whos already swapt to some other coulors or /and leds so please share your knowledge

another thing that i want some adieas of is the heated seat on the driver side , when il put it on the switch lights up as it shoud do but no heat and after a short while the lights closes down ,, i earlyer had a short in the main power cable to the power seat , i was working with the truck and had the radio on , the radio killed the battery and when we needed to go away and get some stuff i tryed to close the car but everytime the key went in the seat started mowing (as it shall ) and at the end all this powers thrue this cable vent to hot and melted the protecitve cover , well thats solved and the easy exit and seat meomory works as it shoud but now im looking to get some HEAT on my rear parts ,

im alitlle confused about why it turns down , even if it is shortend i cant find any reason why it shall turn down ? but it might is some protective as GM build in ,, well can anyone recall this scenario ?

Åke Of Sweden

the cadillac man
11-12-12, 08:25 PM
Hi there i live in sweden and got an 03 esv , i need some instructions about how tho change the lamps in the instrument cluster , one by one the lights goes down and also the gear indicator , the first lamp did die after less then a month when il bought the truck new and my thought was " EHHH i cant disturb them with yust a small lamp problem" ,

i called the swedish GM agent today and they told me i needed a new cluster , and that they dont sell the bulbs for it

hold on thight ,, the dealer here in sweden asks for $1120 so it aint an option to swap cluster ,

the gear indicator i bent the legs on the back of the bourd and it turnd on again ,, i will solvd it later on but now i need som info about how i shall get inside the cluster , il guess i need to go from the panelside and take away the needels but how will i do that and how will i do to get them back in the right position ? ,, there must been someone whos already swapt to some other coulors or /and leds so please share your knowledge

another thing that i want some adieas of is the heated seat on the driver side , when il put it on the switch lights up as it shoud do but no heat and after a short while the lights closes down ,, i earlyer had a short in the main power cable to the power seat , i was working with the truck and had the radio on , the radio killed the battery and when we needed to go away and get some stuff i tryed to close the car but everytime the key went in the seat started mowing (as it shall ) and at the end all this powers thrue this cable vent to hot and melted the protecitve cover , well thats solved and the easy exit and seat meomory works as it shoud but now im looking to get some HEAT on my rear parts ,

im alitlle confused about why it turns down , even if it is shortend i cant find any reason why it shall turn down ? but it might is some protective as GM build in ,, well can anyone recall this scenario ?

Åke Of Sweden

Ok where to start(kinda difficult given how you have typed no offense though) there is a guy on eBay that repairs the cluster for a good price

The seat warmer may be the element or module bad

The radio draining the battery it isn't just the radio on when the key is in acc the onstar module(if equipped depending on where the truck was built) but most times it is a bad cell in the battery

l8agin
11-12-12, 09:03 PM
I also having a problem with my cluster. Im going to use this guy on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-ESCALADE-STYLE-WHITE-GAUGE-FACE-CLUSTER-CONVERSION-FULL-REBUILD-SERVICE-/220988247437?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEscalade&hash=item3373ed0d8d&vxp=mtr

He also sells new clusters outright if you dont want to do the exchange.