: Monroe 40034 & 40044 Shocks

Mark Edward Morrison
11-11-12, 05:36 PM
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered new shocks front and rear that our OEM, not repainted busted up used shocks with new air bladders in them from Arnott. It will be great to have my truck riding like it did when it was driven off the lot for the first time. I figured I would pay a little more to have all NEW shocks. I will post how it drives when they come in and I install them. Just thought I would share.

nsx24
11-24-12, 05:13 PM
I am in the same boat, what did you do about the service air ride light?

Mark Edward Morrison
11-25-12, 10:04 AM
You won't have to worry about it, these are the factory shocks. My Monroe 40034 and 40044 shocks all are in with a brand new compressor just have had time to install them yet, probably next week end. These are ALL plug and play OEM replacements that are BRAND NEW, not repainted broken pieces of shit from Arnot with new paint on them and new bladders. You won't have to worry about the lights when these are installed.

BDuncan
11-25-12, 10:43 AM
Mark, I bought the same OE Monroes and I don't think my '03 ever rode as nice since nearly new. Congratulations for not falling for arNOT's false "Completely Rebuilt" advertising. You will love how great your ride is again.

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 11:08 AM
Mark, I bought the same OE Monroes and I don't think my '03 ever rode as nice since nearly new. Congratulations for not falling for arNOT's false "Completely Rebuilt" advertising. You will love how great your ride is again.

There is no way a shock can be rebuilt that I know of and of course I will be getting new shocks when I replace my rear shocks my front shocks don't bob up and down so they are still good

sprink60
11-25-12, 01:13 PM
There is no way a shock can be rebuilt that I know of and of course I will be getting new shocks when I replace my rear shocks my front shocks don't bob up and down so they are still good

FYI...Koni Shocks are re-built regularly. I have run their re-builds on SCCA and street Corvettes and Porsche's for years.

http://www.koniracing.com/shopservices.html

Thought you might like to add this to your list of facts.

BDuncan
11-25-12, 08:35 PM
Koni sport shocks are built for a specific application and are designed to be rebuilt, they are not production OEM type shocks. We are talking about OEM type production shocks with pressed steel bodies used by almost all auto manufacturers - they can not be rebuilt by ArNot or anyone else. Very sorry to those owners who were taken in but it's not their fault - ArNot is deceptive even when you call them unless you really press for info.

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 08:41 PM
Koni sport shocks are built for a specific application and are designed to be rebuilt, they are not production OEM type shocks. We are talking about OEM type production shocks with pressed steel bodies used by almost all auto manufacturers - they can not be rebuilt by ArNot or anyone else. Very sorry to those owners who were taken in but it's not their fault - ArNot is deceptive even when you call them unless you really press for info.

So true

Primetime1267
11-28-12, 07:19 AM
Which compressor do u guys recommend, arnott or the other competitor? (Suncore industry.).

Mark Edward Morrison
11-28-12, 09:13 AM
Now, I know I did say something's about Arnott's shocks but I did buy their compressor. Their compressor is ACTUALLY brand new and comes with a new dryer kit and I think it was around $189 if I recall on Amazon. In all my research I couldn't find anything bad about Arnott's compressor. Suncore is a good company as well though.

osure
11-29-12, 06:49 AM
I did sun core for the compressor then I got the complete drier as arnott just gave me rebuild. They were great no issue I bought arnott a shocks and they were good too

Arnott Inc.
12-13-12, 06:03 PM
Arnott offers multiple options to fit your budget and driving preferences. You choose the option that fits your needs.

Arnott is the pioneer in air suspension replacement technology for the Cadillac (https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_yid6.html)and that experience and expertise shows in the enhanced comfort and performance found in the Arnott / Bilstein Front Shock Kit and Arnott / Bilstein Rear Shock Kit. These offer a great ride and are adjustable.

For the driver who wants the O.E. shock without the O.E. price, Arnott offers Remanufactured O.E. Rear Shocks. Arnott tests and completely cleans and reconditions used cores. Then, they remanufacture them with new rubber air spring bladders manufactured by Goodyear. These shocks are not passive replacements. The remanufactured O.E. shocks from Arnott plug directly into your truck’s electronic dampening system to use the factory dampening. You can spend up to $600 each for new OE shocks from your dealer or pay just $379 for a pair from Arnott.

If you don't want remanufactured shocks yet need to save money, Arnott offers the budget minded owner new Arnott Passive Rear Air Shocks.

And for those who want to replace their GM air suspension with a traditional non-air suspension system, Arnott has the Arnott Coil Spring Conversation Kit.

All of the above are backed by Arnott’s Limited Lifetime Warranty in the US and a 30-Day money back return policy. If for some reason you are not happy with your shocks - contact Arnott at 800-251-8993 and let us make it right.

Forum members can save an additional 10% up to $75 by using code GMSave12 during checkout.

sprink60
12-13-12, 11:18 PM
Arnott offers multiple options to fit your budget and driving preferences. You choose the option that fits your needs.

Arnott is the pioneer in air suspension replacement technology for the Cadillac (https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_yid6.html)and that experience and expertise shows in the enhanced comfort and performance found in the Arnott / Bilstein Front Shock Kit and Arnott / Bilstein Rear Shock Kit. These offer a great ride and are adjustable.

For the driver who wants the O.E. shock without the O.E. price, Arnott offers Remanufactured O.E. Rear Shocks. Arnott tests and completely cleans and reconditions used cores. Then, they remanufacture them with new rubber air spring bladders manufactured by Goodyear. These shocks are not passive replacements. The remanufactured O.E. shocks from Arnott plug directly into your truck’s electronic dampening system to use the factory dampening. You can spend up to $600 each for new OE shocks from your dealer or pay just $379 for a pair from Arnott.

If you don't want remanufactured shocks yet need to save money, Arnott offers the budget minded owner new Arnott Passive Rear Air Shocks.

And for those who want to replace their GM air suspension with a traditional non-air suspension system, Arnott has the Arnott Coil Spring Conversation Kit.

All of the above are backed by Arnott’s Limited Lifetime Warranty in the US and a 30-Day money back return policy. If for some reason you are not happy with your shocks - contact Arnott at 800-251-8993 and let us make it right.

Forum members can save an additional 10% up to $75 by using code GMSave12 during checkout.

Thanks for jumping in with this timely post. I have your rear "Re Manufactured" shocks and one of your compressors on my 2005 Escalade ESV and couldn't be happier.

I am so impressed with the results that I have convinced my business partner to replace his worn out shocks and compressor on his 2007 Escalade with your set up...I'm sure he will appreciate the discount code.

Thanks for supporting our forum.

martyp1234
12-18-12, 12:58 PM
I bought the Monroe conversion kit 90012. It comes with everything you need, 2 front shocks, 2 rear air shocks, hose kit, & resistors that plug in to fool the computer. You can also hook the rears up to the factory pump. Got the kit from Rock auto for $124 bucks, delivered. And Yes, they are NEW shocks.

amtrucker22
12-18-12, 01:29 PM
Good post Marty. Have you installed these yet or did you just order them? I am curious about how the resistors that plug in. Does anyone have any info on this?

XCRacer440
01-27-13, 10:57 PM
I bought the Monroe conversion kit 90012. It comes with everything you need, 2 front shocks, 2 rear air shocks, hose kit, & resistors that plug in to fool the computer. You can also hook the rears up to the factory pump. Got the kit from Rock auto for $124 bucks, delivered. And Yes, they are NEW shocks.
You got all that stuff for $124? Thats crazy!

the cadillac man
01-28-13, 12:23 AM
You got all that stuff for $124? Thats crazy!

I second that wow cheap great deal though

icaddy
01-28-13, 01:50 PM

What? $124?

wake
01-29-13, 10:31 PM
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered new shocks front and rear that our OEM, not repainted busted up used shocks with new air bladders in them from Arnott. It will be great to have my truck riding like it did when it was driven off the lot for the first time. I figured I would pay a little more to have all NEW shocks. I will post how it drives when they come in and I install them. Just thought I would share.

I wish I would have done that. I tried the Monroe conversion to passive kit and will be spending the money later on to put the OEM shocks back on. The stock 82K mile shocks will be going back in this spring as they ride better than the new Monroes did IMO.

Mark Edward Morrison
01-30-13, 07:14 PM
Wake,

When you do decide to get the Monroe 40034 and the 40044 try Rockauto parts and Amazon! I got great buys on the fronts and the rears from these two sites. I have no affiliation to either site, just want to help a fellow Caddy driver save some dough...

90limited
01-31-13, 10:01 AM
I was interested in having Arnott rebuild the shocks off my truck. It only has 90k on the clock and other than a leaking bag, they look brand new. Arnott would not do this. Said I could buy rebuilt (not interested in getting someone else's used up 220k mile shocks) or buy the Blisten replacements that do not have active ride control. Told me that active ride control was useless under 100 mph. Hmmmm....

So after doing the math, I can get used Arnott shocks with new bags for $340 or order new Monroe for $425. For the $85 savings, I cannot justify the risk of getting shocks that do not have proper dampening do to high miles. In my book, shocks are a wear item. I am i missing something?

the cadillac man
01-31-13, 10:13 AM
I was interested in having Arnott rebuild the shocks off my truck. It only has 90k on the clock and other than a leaking bag, they look brand new. Arnott would not do this. Said I could buy rebuilt (not interested in getting someone else's used up 220k mile shocks) or buy the Blisten replacements that do not have active ride control. Told me that active ride control was useless under 100 mph. Hmmmm....

So after doing the math, I can get used Arnott shocks with new bags for $340 or order new Monroe for $425. For the $85 savings, I cannot justify the risk of getting shocks that do not have proper dampening do to high miles. In my book, shocks are a wear item. I am i missing something?

They are bullsh*iting you as the damping system works at all speeds I know as I took a curve doing 70 mph with no body and also took a curve doing 45mph and the truck didn't have any body roll at all really with the air bladder with air in it and the active damping you may not be able to tell that the shocks from new ones

FYI Monroe shocks suck

gmercedesbenz
02-02-13, 01:07 PM
Below is what I had to say on the subject via a different thread when I went through shock replacement over a year ago. I did all four with OEM replacements. I have nothing bad to say about my Monroe shocks. Just my 2 cents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I ended up not going with the Arnott bilstiens after all. The reason I didn't keep the bilstiens is because I found a suitable electronic front shock for my truck which was priced at about the same price as Arnott. Amazon has the Monroe 40044 shock for $220 each with free shipping. So thats $440 for the pair. Arnott charged me $399 for the bilstiens. So I figured, for an extra 41 bucks, keep the Autoride completely operational and call it a day. The Monroe's come with a warranty both from Monroe and the seller. I'm going to attempt to put these in myself, if I can buy a jack and stands at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I know a mechanic who said he would put both of them in for 75 bucks. If anyone can take a lesson from this, its do your research. I spent the last four days looking before I finally settled on the Monroe's. There is alot to consider when replacing shocks on an Escalade, took me by surprise. There is alot of good information out there, particularly on this forum. Thank you to everyone who replied, if you have any questions I'll try and answer them as best I can. I'll let you all know how they ride once installed.

I've seen numerous questions that have been asked about our suspension system, so just for education's sake, I've listed below all the facts I learned about our suspension system during this ordeal.

2002-2006 Escalade Shocks/AirRide/AutoRide Quick Facts

- The Escalade employs 2 different systems in regards to the shocks on the truck. The first, is active dampening or "Autoride". This system uses sensors to monitor various aspects of the truck, such as hand-wheel position, speed and vehicle roll. The truck then adjusts each shock's stiffness based on the information provided by the sensors.

- The 2nd system, is the auto-leveling system. This system uses a compressor to fill rubber "bags" with air on both rear shocks. When these bags fill with the compressed air, the rear of the truck raises, thus keeping it level when towing or filled with cargo.

- Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade shocks, regardless of "Autoride" are NOT interchangeable. Each shock has a code stamped on it, to identify which system it belongs with. For example, the front OEM shocks of my Escalade have the code T6P, which if you search for shocks for a 2002 Escalade on GMPartsDirect or similar website, you will see it gives you a number of codes to choose from before giving you a list of shocks to buy.

- The T6P code looks to be the standard for front shocks on Escalades '02-'06. Be sure to check yours if you plan to replace your shocks with OEM replacements.

- Arnott's front shock solution for Escalades is a passive system, meaning it does not use information from the car to adjust itself. When you order these shocks, Arnott includes 2 resistors, to plug into each plug that would normally plug into the shock. This fools the truck into thinking you have OEM shocks installed and prevents any errors from showing on your dash.

-Arnott also offers two different types of rear shocks, Passive and OEM Active. The passive shocks, like the fronts from Arnott, do not use information from the truck to adjust themselves. However, these shocks do still use the Auto-Leveling System to keep the truck level. The OEM Active shocks are direct replacements for your original rear shocks, which retain auto dampening.

-Front OEM replacement shocks are extremely expensive, the cheapest I found was $399 per shock.

-Monroe and Suncore both make after-market replacements which retain the electronic dampening on the front. Monroe's is less expensive and both carry the same warranty.

Black88GTA
02-02-13, 02:00 PM
I actually emailed Monroe about the warranty on the replacement shocks for our trucks, because I couldn't seem to find any reliable information on it. They got back to me a month later, and said that there wasn't any warranty at all on them. I posted it in one of the threads on this back when I was going through it. That said, I installed new OEM replacement Monroes all the way around and they've been good so far.

I lucked out with mine - I found the rears on Amazon Warehouse for $111 each, marked as "used". I figured it was one of those things where the packaging was kind of busted up so they couldn't sell them as new or something. They showed up and they were brand new though - the packaging was in good shape, and they'd clearly never been installed. I don't know why they were sold like that, but I wasn't complaining.

Edit: Thread here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/264109-just-picked-up-new-me-escalade.html
It's kind of a catch-all thread I made when I got my truck, but the discussion about the shocks is near the bottom.

the cadillac man
02-02-13, 03:38 PM
I actually emailed Monroe about the warranty on the replacement shocks for our trucks, because I couldn't seem to find any reliable information on it. They got back to me a month later, and said that there wasn't any warranty at all on them. I posted it in one of the threads on this back when I was going through it. That said, I installed new OEM replacement Monroes all the way around and they've been good so far.

I lucked out with mine - I found the rears on Amazon Warehouse for $111 each, marked as "used". I figured it was one of those things where the packaging was kind of busted up so they couldn't sell them as new or something. They showed up and they were brand new though - the packaging was in good shape, and they'd clearly never been installed. I don't know why they were sold like that, but I wasn't complaining.

Edit: Thread here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/264109-just-picked-up-new-me-escalade.html
It's kind of a catch-all thread I made when I got my truck, but the discussion about the shocks is near the bottom.

Oem Monroe shocks is night and day to Monroe's aftermarket shocks which are crap

90limited
02-04-13, 04:56 PM
well I found a pair of Monroe 40032 rear shocks for EXT on Amazon for $335 shipped and ordered them... Hope I did not make a error in getting these versus spending the big bucks to get new AC Delco shock... Thought long and hard about the Arnott rebuilts and decided I did not want used shocks...

Mark Edward Morrison
02-04-13, 07:04 PM
If I am not mistaken the 40032 shocks are for the larger Escalade/Suburbans

90limited
02-04-13, 07:23 PM
I believe you are correct... The EXT is on the same platform as the big models...

caddysuv
02-04-13, 07:25 PM
I installed the Monroe 40044 front airride electronic shocks and the Arnott OEM rear airride shocks in my '05 escalade and the ride quality is pretty darn good with all active dampening. I can not tell you if it is as good as new because I didn't own the truck new.

kaiseresko
02-06-13, 10:15 AM
I just got done getting all four corners done 40034 and 40044. After looking for coupler hours I found that amazon and rock auto had the best deals. Shipping was fast with their standard shipping option too.

My shocks were in such bad shape it felt like I was riding a horse carriage, these shocks are the best $1000 I've spent on the truck to date. Truck rides through bumps smooth and it feels so much tighter all around. For me, I thought about going for the gas conversion or arnott but I'm glad I didn't. Might as well do it right the first time.

the cadillac man
02-06-13, 10:58 AM
I just got done getting all four corners done 40034 and 40044. After looking for coupler hours I found that amazon and rock auto had the best deals. Shipping was fast with their standard shipping option too.

My shocks were in such bad shape it felt like I was riding a horse carriage, these shocks are the best $1000 I've spent on the truck to date. Truck rides through bumps smooth and it feels so much tighter all around. For me, I thought about going for the gas conversion or arnott but I'm glad I didn't. Might as well do it right the first time.

I agree right now my rear shocks suck(because the bladders are ruptured) and the compressor is putting the rest of the system in passive mode so I can't tell the condition of the front shocks damping

90limited
02-06-13, 05:27 PM
For those of you that have replaced you factory rear shocks, do not forget that Arnott will pay $25 each for the cores...

Black88GTA
02-07-13, 10:09 PM
For those of you that have replaced you factory rear shocks, do not forget that Arnott will pay $25 each for the cores...

Even if you didn't buy from them??? If so, I know what I'm doing with mine...

e: wow, thanks for this. I had no idea. Just filled out the online form. I was going to throw them out! Prepaid shipping too!

the cadillac man
02-07-13, 10:20 PM
Even if you didn't buy from them??? If so, I know what I'm doing with mine...

e: wow, thanks for this. I had no idea. Just filled out the online form. I was going to throw them out! Prepaid shipping too!

That's what I am going to do with my old shocks

safchin
02-13-13, 12:28 AM
I went with the 40032 from rockauto. i would send both back if the factory used never seised on their bolts. pass side came off in 15 min. driver sider side upper 5 min. bottom bolt 1hr. after i had to cut the shock, grind the bushing, tourch the bolt.pain in the asssssssssssssssssssss. but i still have air in bags in the morning now.finally iput my rtd fuse back in.this way i didn't burn out my compresser

the cadillac man
02-13-13, 12:40 AM
I went with the 40032 from rockauto. i would send both back if the factory used never seised on their bolts. pass side came off in 15 min. driver sider side upper 5 min. bottom bolt 1hr. after i had to cut the shock, grind the bushing, tourch the bolt.pain in the asssssssssssssssssssss. but i still have air in bags in the morning now.finally iput my rtd fuse back in.this way i didn't burn out my compresser

This is why I am going to have the dealer replace my shocks(but I am buying them elsewhere due to price)

adamwilliammiller
05-29-13, 07:52 PM
Hey guys quick question. For the rear shocks for an EXT are they the monroe 40032 or 40034? Need to get replacements asap so any help is appreciated!

capriRS
05-29-13, 09:27 PM
On my 02 ext had 32's on it! I got a heck of a deal on a set of shocks an compressor that were only 6 months old for 300 bucks! When i got to looking the shocks new shocks were 34's! they look exactly the same! So i installed them! They work like they should and rides fine!