: Power steering

Mikes07
11-11-12, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, Im new to this forum, looks like there is alot of info on here! Im having an issue with the rack and pinion on my 07 escalade. Got underneath it today and had the wife turn the steering wheel, and I have power steering fluid leaking from the rubber boots on both sides of rack and pinion. It just turned 97k. Anyone have any info or help?

MrHolland
11-11-12, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum!! I'm not sure if that would be considered a warranty item under the powertrain warranty or not. Regardless, it sounds like a new rack and pinion is in your future.

Oh, disregard the warranty comment, being a 2007 I'm sure the warranty has expired.

Mikes07
11-11-12, 06:12 PM
Thanks. Ya that's what I'm thinking. I have one priced for $329. I was wondering if it would be covered under the power train 100k warranty?

MrHolland
11-11-12, 06:28 PM
I believe the power-train warranty is 5YRS or 100K. If you're within the 5YRS, which is unlikely, then it might be covered. certainly worth a call to the dealer to inquire though,,,,thats free!!

Mikes07
11-11-12, 08:09 PM
Ya for sure. Even if it is with in the five yrs I'm sure the dealership will come up with some way to get out of it.

----------

Sticker inside drivers door says 06/06 so that's my answer on if its covered.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-12-12, 12:27 PM
Mikes07, if you're still frustrated after consulting with the dealer, please contact me and I can look into your situation further and call your dealer to follow up on your concerns. And if you send me the last eight of your VIN, then I would certainly be happy to share any existing warranty parameters that still remain on your Escalade. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Mikes07
11-12-12, 01:41 PM
Hey Katie, I didn't purchase it at my local dealership. The last eight of the VIN are . It's awesome of you to be on here!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-12-12, 03:22 PM
Hey Katie, I didn't purchase it at my local dealership. The last eight of the VIN are xxxxxx. It's awesome of you to be on here!

Hi again, Mike! If you'd like to "edit" your post above to delete the sensitive VIN information, please feel free to do so. When I did some research for you, I did see your Escalade is covered under the following warranties.

Emission Select Component Limited Warranty expires 06/30/2014 (or 80,010 miles)
Emission Select State Component Ltd Wty expires 06/30/2013 (or 70,010 miles)

If you would like me to check for recalls or send the build list, then please email me at the email address above and I can send that information your way.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Mikes07
11-12-12, 04:32 PM
Ok will do. Thanks.

Mikes07
11-17-12, 09:20 PM
Got the rack changed today. Pretty easy job, but now my service stailbtrak and service traction control light comes on? Not sure why i didnt unhook anything electrical. Any ideas?

cadmanchris
11-18-12, 06:37 PM
You will have to realign the truck after the rack is replaced. Also, I hope the steering wheel didn't spin after you disconnected the steering shaft from the rack. If the steering wheel is off while driving straight, you will get a service stabilitrack message.

Mikes07
11-19-12, 05:55 PM
How do i get the service stabliltrack message and traction control message to stop coming on?

Mikes07
11-24-12, 04:54 PM
I got it figured out today with the tech 2 scanner. It was in a different mode on scanner. It actually showed me that steering wheel was off 360 degrees. All I had to do was unhook steering shaft, rotate it the 360 degrees, rechecked it with scanner to make sure it was back at zero and its all fixed now.

Muskie
03-11-14, 06:08 PM
Got the rack changed today. Pretty easy job, but now my service stailbtrak and service traction control light comes on? Not sure why i didnt unhook anything electrical. Any ideas?

Also have an 07 with a leaky rack. How hard was it to change and is there procedure somewhere that I cant seem to find??

Thanks,
David

bigwill1323704
03-12-14, 10:27 PM
If you still need the directions I can upload them I just had mine replaced, who did you go troughs to buy your new rack