Cadillac Owners Forum banner

keyless entry remote problems

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I am having issues with my keyless entry remote. The other day it stopped working. I rtelaced the battery and tested the fob and it was fine. However, it still doesn't work when trying to lock, unlock, open trunk etc. I tried to reprogram it but can get only as far as the DIC message hit reset button until the message learning remote key is active. I can't get to that point. I hit the reset and it goes back to the previous message "hit reset until learing remote key active appears". What could be causing this?

#2 ·
Joey7... I was having the exact same problem with my wife's 2006 Chevy Impala SS, which oddly enough we traded in 2 days ago for a 2008 DTS. First the tire-pressure sensors stopped working, then a few months later the key fobs stopped working. I replaced the batteries in both, and tried to reprogram them just as you are describing, and could not get them to reprogram with the DIC. I did research on some web sites and some other owners had the same issue with the same two problems. Is your DIC telling you the tire pressures? Not sure is that makes a difference, but from my research, there's some sensor in the cars that can go bad. Whatever kind of sensor it is apparently has the keyless entry and the tire pressure monitors on the same circuit or sensor. I pretty much gave up trying to research any further since we were trading the car a few days later, and the Impala owner's manual had NO info on it. A few of the posts I read basically said it is something a dealer has to replace and calibrate. Hope this helps in some way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.