: Navigation antenna question

112motorsports
11-10-12, 11:37 PM
I was wondering if the navigation antenna is the same as the XM antenna? I have the little square antenna on the passengers side of the roof. I have the stubby antenna on the drivers side and the square antenna on the passengers side. Is the Nav antenna under the dash or n the top of the car? My car was not equipped with navigation from the factory but I have a line on one off of a wrecked Escalade from a buddy and was just seeing if it was plug and play minus the dealer having to link the unit to my VIN number. Thank you for any and all help.

Trulytex
11-11-12, 12:36 AM
From what I understand, the XM Antenna is under the top dash - IIRC. The Antennas on the top of the truck are for Navigation & Onstar Phone. I think.

the cadillac man
11-11-12, 12:48 AM
The onstar is the one above the driver side the xm radio normally (depending if it is stock or not) is above the passenger side (on the roof)

The navigation is inside the dash just behind the radio but is buried in the dash and the only way to get to it is remove the dash top(I know I asked as I recently put a tnr in my 03)

To clarify the onstar xm and navigation are all on separate antennas none share one(I have wiring diagrams to back up my info

FYI if the truck didn't have navigation stock you will have to get the antenna which can bought on line like here www.amazion.com