: Several Electrical Issues. 2007 Escalade AWD. Please help...

elonlaw4me
11-10-12, 09:11 PM
Im new here so please bare with me. I have a 2007 Escalade. This is my 2nd Escalade (previously had a 2004). I currently have 135k miles on it ... so no more warranty. I started having various problems a few months ago. It started with an indication on the dash that said service tire monitoring system. It would come on...then go away. Still happens from time to time. Then in August the drivers seat wouldn't move. I tried memory seat recall and side controls but nothing. So I drive home with the seat all the way back, struggling to reach the pedal. On the way home. The air quit working. Then the radio stopped working. No heated/cooled seats...nothing. The following day I took it into a local Cadillac dealer. 2 days and over $400 later I pick up the car. Things worked for about a week. I get in it to drive to work and the memory seat recall position wouldn't work. No power to the seat at all including heated and cooled seats. I took it back to the dealership. This time leaving with almost $1000 repair bill. I was told that a seat module was causing the problem and that the module was somehow linked to some 14 other features causing my problems. Was also told that there was a separate lumbar problem but I could get by without having that additional $900 cost. Who needs the lumbar seats working in a $65k dollar luxury Cadillac!!! But whatever. Yesterday...I remote started the car. I get in... drivers side seat will not move. Heated and cooled seats aren't working in both the driver and passenger sides. The driver side mirror wont retract in and the pedal adjustment isnt working. The passenger side seat will at least move. Heated seats in the rear work. The passenger side mirror will come in. Remote start works. I have an appointment to take it back into the dealership but goodness already! Im worried that this will cost me even more money since I was charged both previous times and was told they were different issues...despite the same symptoms. Ive tried researching the issues which brought me here. I read prior posts but most have only had heated and cooled seat issues. This is past expensive and frustrating!! Not to mention Im very concerned about a safety issue since the problems are electrical in nature. I never had any of these problems with my last Escalade and I am starting to regret ever trading it for this one. It gets way worse gas mileage than the old one and the repair bills are killing me. Can someone please help!?!?! I would like to have some insight when I go back on Tuesday so that I dont get ripped off. I kinda feel like being a female makes me more prone to getting taken advantage of when it comes to this car.

Thanks and sorry for the novel.

dkozloski
11-11-12, 01:07 AM
Sounds like a flood car with electrical connections corroded.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-12-12, 12:09 PM
elonlaw4me, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations so far! Have you already contacted our Cadillac Customer Service department regarding your situation? I'd be happy to explore your next steps with you and look into your case further at any point; please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service