: Installed Arnott Air Ride Compressor today.

sprink60
11-09-12, 09:15 PM
I had already installed their OEM Re Built shocks because mine were shot. I still had a rear end sag problem with my boat trailer loaded and suspected my compressor wasn't putting out enough pressure because it was worn out...I was correct. I installed the Arnott replacement compressor and drier rebuild kit and bingo...no more problem. The truck is very stable, rides like a cloud and sits level with 400 lbs of tongue weight on it. It took about 2 hours to do the job and now have Arnott's complete Air Shock/Compressor replacement package with a lifetime warranty for less than $500.

I recommend this to those of you with rear Air Ride issues.

MrHolland
11-09-12, 10:22 PM
I have also heard this same recommendation from others!! Congrats and best of luck with it!!

sprink60
11-10-12, 12:28 PM
I made an interesting discovery related to this today. I hitched up my boat trailer to my Escalade today for a trip to the water. As I mentioned earlier I run about 400 lbs tongue weight to balance out my 7500 lb twin axle rig. This morning as I lowered the trailer on to the hitch ball I heard a bid WOOOSH of air from both air shocks. I thought "OMG I just blew the shocks!!" Further observation revealed that the hoses from the compressor had blown off the shocks on both sides. When this happened the Escalade instantly dropped 2". I crawled underneath the back and removed the spring clips that hold the hoses on the shocks. They had become stretched out of shape so I bent them back into position and re-attached the lines to the nipples on the shocks. As I did this I heard a positive "click" that meant the line was securely attached to the shock nipple.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/sprink49/IMAG0251.jpg

I then drove to my destination with out issue. The above pic illustrates that the Escalade sits level with the trailer loaded on the hitch with 400 Lbs tongue weight. It automatically adjust to road conditions and is very stable. When I disconnected the trailer the rear of the Escalade rose up a few inches...then I heard a faint expulsion of air until it leveled it's self out.

I ordered some fresh spring clips for the air lines from GM Parts Direct, P/N 1627989. They come 5 to a card for a total of $26.45 to my door. I sure as heck don't want to be on a trip with a heavy load and loose one or more...forewarned is forearmed.

As a basis of comparison, I used to tow this boat with a 2007 Ford F-150 with 4 WD, 300 HP 5.4, 3.73 gears and 9200 lb towing package. My Escalade does a better overall job of towing the same boat largely in part to the superior power and torque of the LQ9 6.0. It does a much better job of moving away from a dead stop as well as maintaining highway speeds. I would rate the ESV just a bit better than the F-150 in ride quality and handling ability now that I have the air suspension issues resolved. Braking is the same since my trailer has 4 wheel Kodiak disc brakes, a 12000 lb brake package as well as torsion axles. I may consider going to a hydraulic over electric set up in the future as well as an equalizing hitch set up. Since I only tow distances of 100 miles or less the way I am set up now works well.

Damn...the Air Ride System really works!!.

the cadillac man
11-10-12, 12:37 PM
I made an interesting discovery related to this today. I hitched up my boat trailer to my Escalade today for a trip to the water. As I mentioned earlier I run about 400 lbs tongue weight to balance out my 7500 lb twin axle rig. This morning as I lowered the trailer on to the hitch ball I heard a bid WOOOSH of air from both air shocks. I thought "OMG I just blew the shocks!!" Further observation revealed that the hoses from the compressor had blown off the shocks on both sides. When this happened the Escalade instantly dropped 2". I crawled underneath the back and removed the spring clips that hold the hoses on the shocks. They had become stretched out of shape so I bent them back into position and re-attached the lines to the nipples on the shocks. As I did this I heard a positive "click" that meant the line wa securely attached to the shock nipple.

I then drove to my destination with out issue. The above pic illustrates that the Escalade sits level with the trailer loaded on the hitch with 400 Lbs tongue weight. It automatically adjust to road conditions and is very stable. When I disconnected the trailer the rear of the Escalade rose up a few inches...then I heard a faint expulsion of air until it leveled it's self out.

I plan to go by my GMC Truck/Cadillac dealer to pic up some fresh spring clips for the air lines. I sure as heck don't want to be on s trip with a heavy load and loose one or more...forewarned is forearmed.

Damn...it really works.

Thanks sprink I plan on replacing my rear shocks soon and will keep in mind to make sure the lines are well seated and the clips don't come off before I hitch a trailer to my truck

Glad you got your truck fixed

MrHolland
11-10-12, 04:55 PM
Wow, that's quite the boat!!!

sprink60
11-10-12, 07:41 PM
Wow, that's quite the boat!!!

Thank you sir...