: Just bought 2007 Escalade base- 100k Service

Bsjones1335
11-09-12, 07:39 PM
Hello all,

Just bought a 2007 Escalade Base Silver ext/Tan int. Overall its a nice truck, need to replace the passenger side fog light bulb and the Service Tire Monitoring is on, but tires are in great shape and brakes are also. The truck has 104k miles, which I don't mind high miles if well maintained. So I called Caddy dealer for price on 100k service (plugs, wires, fluids etc) and they wanted $2300. I know an Indy shop can do everything for about $800-1000. How much did you pay for your 100k service? 9976099761

Bsjones1335
11-09-12, 07:41 PM
Also where can I find a fog lamp light bulb? Do I need to purchase from dealership?

MrHolland
11-09-12, 10:02 PM
Lighting needs - vLeds. As for the 100K service, if you have a manual and/or are handy with a wrench, you can do your own service. Good luck!!

----------

Oh yeah, one more thing,,,Congrats on your purchase. I love my Escalade!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-09-12, 10:56 PM
Bsjones1335, I also wanted to congratulate you on your Escalade. Thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum! I hope you receive the owner opinions you're seeking, and please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like further assistance at any point.

Many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

mkosharkii
11-10-12, 01:05 AM
Mine is at 94k, and I've been chipping away at the 100k as well. I'll be posting more as I continue. I have already generated a procedure on changing the front diff fluid, tomorrow I plan on doing the same for the rear diff. If you need any help or advice, feel free to PM me.
Also, do you have a quote breakdown with the cost of each procedure? I'd like to let the masses know what the cost savings is blow by blow as I perform this maintenance.

Bsjones1335
11-10-12, 02:39 AM
Thank you for the info.

08EXTWhiteDiamond
11-10-12, 08:37 AM
Bsjones1335,

If you are in the Noblesville area stop by and I will give you a fog light bulb. I replaced them with HID and still have the original bulbs.
You can purchase them at any auto store #9145 for about $20 - no need for a dealer.
Enjoy your new Esky.

cadmanchris
11-10-12, 12:07 PM
Same here. I should have a bulb. I'm in NJ.

Gunnar75
11-10-12, 12:10 PM
What is the recommended services at 100k ? Coming from Mercedes I would expect Cadillac would have less of an extensive list.

Rustico
11-10-12, 03:03 PM
I had a mobile mechanic work on my 150k service..I spent about $1150 bucks TOTAL and I got new ac delco plugs from the dealer, new wires from the dealer, both new motor mounts, new front brake pads, new drive belt, new ac belt, 8 new ignition coils from ebay. If you take it to the dealership they are going to charge you BIG BUCKS if you are ok with that then is perfectly fine. If you find an independent shop YOU TRUST that will save you $. If you find a mobile mechanic on the low end and then buy the parts then have him fix it then you will get the cheapest price.

Bsjones1335
11-10-12, 06:57 PM
Thanks everybody, I was able to replace fob light with no problem. I'm located in the Atlanta. I even got the ipod interface module installed from Best Buy today tto work with my iphone through the factory. Sounds really good

jdubh25
11-10-12, 08:01 PM
Thanks everybody, I was able to replace fob light with no problem. I'm located in the Atlanta. I even got the ipod interface module installed from Best Buy today tto work with my iphone through the factory. Sounds really good

Which module did you get?

Bsjones1335
11-11-12, 09:16 PM
Jdubh

I got the iSimple GM Module kit was $200 total for the product with free installation.

shag766
12-09-12, 05:23 AM
I had a mobile mechanic work on my 150k service..I spent about $1150 bucks TOTAL and I got new ac delco plugs from the dealer, new wires from the dealer, both new motor mounts, new front brake pads, new drive belt, new ac belt, 8 new ignition coils from ebay. If you take it to the dealership they are going to charge you BIG BUCKS if you are ok with that then is perfectly fine. If you find an independent shop YOU TRUST that will save you $. If you find a mobile mechanic on the low end and then buy the parts then have him fix it then you will get the cheapest price.

newbie here, keep that in mind pls. why change the coils and motor mounts. tks

Knight75
12-09-12, 08:17 PM
Im also coming up to 100K, Im also curious also about the maintenance> I did hear that changing the wires and plugs is a good thing. Dont remember why thou! lol