: Weather on CUE

Akslem
11-09-12, 02:25 PM
Has anyone had a problem with the weather on the CUE system not working?
I have a 2013 SRX and the weather worked fine the first day and then stopped. The dealer said to call SiriusXM which we did and after two downloads it still does not work. The latest from SiriusXM is my vehicle is " not compatible" and I can not get weather. The dealer says I should get a three month free trial of XM and travelling with nav and weather. Any suggestions. I sold my CTS V for this st

----------

[QUOTE="Akslem"]Has anyone had a problem with the weather on the CUE system not working?
I have a 2013 SRX and the weather worked fine the first day and then stopped. The dealer said to call SiriusXM which we did and after two downloads it still does not work. The latest from SiriusXM is my vehicle is " not compatible" and I can not get weather. The dealer says I should get a three month free trial of XM and travelling with nav and weather. Any suggestions. I sold my CTS V for this SRX and so far I'm not very happy.

phunter1
11-09-12, 08:37 PM
I don't have this on my 2012 Caddy, but I do have it on another car I own. Are you sure that Sirius is activating the right product? They are not the most knowledgeable on their services. In my car, weather is part of a service called Travel Link, which includes other things like gas prices, etc. I had a similar experience to yours. In my case, the dealer had already activated Sirius radio and Travel Link, which includes weather, before I purchased the car. After I got the car home, I had the radio and Travel Link (I thought) transferred into my name. Immediately, no more weather, gas prices, restaurants, etc. It took me a couple of calls to Sirius, to get it straightened out. First they claimed Travel Link was active, then they said I wasn't entitled to it, which, of course I was. Finally, I talked to someone knowledgeable and they got it going. You might want to verify what it is that they are trying to activate. Your vehicle obviously IS compatible, otherwise you would not have had weather working the first day. Hope you find this helpful.

Phil

Akslem
11-10-12, 09:56 PM
I guess will have to call them till I get to someone who knows how to correctly activate it.

swgyoooo
11-15-12, 07:59 AM
There is a CUE issue, at least on XTS, that kills the weather app for some reason. Have your dealer set up a technical case with XM/Sirrius, and they will get it corrected. They were able to fix the XTS within a day. The 3 month trial is correct, it should be active and functioning.

hambone8
11-15-12, 02:03 PM
There is a CUE issue, at least on XTS, that kills the weather app for some reason. Have your dealer set up a technical case with XM/Sirrius, and they will get it corrected. They were able to fix the XTS within a day. The 3 month trial is correct, it should be active and functioning.

Crap. I thought those apps would have a one year trial the same as the music service.

SiriusXM
11-15-12, 03:08 PM
Hi there -

We would like to help you with your Travel Link issue. Send us an email with your account info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be able to reach out to you from there.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

NJRonbo
11-27-12, 05:49 AM
Ahhh, we have a Sirius rep here. Very nice.

Questions for the rep (if he is still reading)....

1. All I need for the 3D navigation and weather package is a standard SiriusXM subscription and NAV/TRAFFIC? I take it weather is included in there?

2. I have a 2010 SRX with 9 months of subscription left. I am trading it in for a 2013 this week which gives me 3 months of free service. I take it that I can just add the 3 months free service to my existing 9 months?

3. Related to question #2, is there a fee to transfer my account from one vehicle to another?

Thank You

TheCaptain
11-27-12, 06:22 AM
I can answer question #3, You can transfer between vehicles, and they usually want to charge you $25 to do so. You might be able to sweet talk them.

NJRonbo
11-27-12, 06:26 AM
That is madness charging $25 to transfer information.

I am not certain any sweet-talking is going to change that policy.

I thank you for the information, however.

TheCaptain
11-27-12, 06:35 AM
I was able to sweet talk them. :D

NJRonbo
11-27-12, 06:37 AM
Okay, Captain, what do I need to say? I know the book is probably forthcoming, but if you could leak out any suggestions.... :)

TheCaptain
11-28-12, 06:31 AM
Haha, I can't remember what I said. It was three years ago. I just remember I was able to get them to waive the transfer fee.

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 06:44 AM
Captain,

I'll do my best and report back here with the results.