: Looking for a drop kit for 08' EXT

Txmonkey
11-08-12, 11:05 PM
I want to know if any offers a drop kit that will keep the factory ride (a little diff is expected) I want a 2" front and 3"to 4" back drop. Any suggestions?

MrHolland
11-08-12, 11:51 PM
Several ppl have done this mod, might try a search.

turbocobra
11-09-12, 12:04 PM
I just did a 2" drop up front and 3" rear on my '08 EXT. I used mcgaughy drop spindle kit. Looks awesome and a great product!

Txmonkey
11-09-12, 05:25 PM
Do you have any pics?

luxurylife33
11-10-12, 06:49 PM
turbocobra lets see some pics, im interested!

BEarle
11-10-12, 10:42 PM
I just did a 2" drop up front and 3" rear on my '08 EXT. I used mcgaughy drop spindle kit. Looks awesome and a great product!

Does yours drive like shit with this kit? Mine does, it seems like I'm the only one.

Txmonkey
11-11-12, 11:51 AM
Does yours drive like shit with this kit? Mine does, it seems like I'm the only one.

Why do you say it drives like shit?

anhandrew
11-12-12, 12:18 PM
Bearle, check your tire pressure also. It makes a big difference. I just came back from a 400 mile round trip. First part of it with the shorter suspension sensor rods and 36psi. second half with the long ones and 34 psi. My wife comment that the ride home felt a whole lot better.

I am liking the idea that the car rises and lowers when you start the engine and and turn it off with the longer rods.[COLOR="Silver"]

turbocobra
11-14-12, 01:21 AM
turbocobra lets see some pics, im interested!

Does anyone know how to attach pics. I have downsized my pics to fit the forums criteria but still not allowing my to download. Weird! I'm wanting to attach pics of my EXT. I will tell you that I have 4" between the top ofte tire and fender on all tires.

----------

Bearle, check your tire pressure also. It makes a big difference. I just came back from a 400 mile round trip. First part of it with the shorter suspension sensor rods and 36psi. second half with the long ones and 34 psi. My wife comment that the ride home felt a whole lot better.

I am liking the idea that the car rises and lowers when you start the engine and and turn it off with the longer rods.[COLOR="Silver"]

On the rear the rods need to be bent to a 45 degree angle. This allows the rear to sit lower. When I installed my new rear spring and shock relocater plate my rear was still 2" higher than the front but as soon as I bent the rods it sits perfect all the way around. McGaughy sends a diagram of a bent rod and thats what you use to get the correct angle as the diagram is the exact size of the rods so you lay the rod on the paper until its the same.

----------

On the rear the rods need to be bent to a 45 degree angle. This allows the rear to sit lower. When I installed my new rear spring and shock relocater plate my rear was still 2" higher than the front but as soon as I bent the rods it sits perfect all the way around. McGaughy sends a diagram of a bent rod and thats what you use to get the correct angle as the diagram is the exact size of the rods so you lay the rod on the paper until its the same.

MrHolland
11-14-12, 08:40 AM
I use photobucket to host the pics, then paste the IMG Code into your forum msg.

BEarle
11-14-12, 07:43 PM
Why do you say it drives like shit?

Because it does I think the guy installed in wrong or something it drives very very bumpy. I think I'm the only one because nobody else has the problem

----------

Maybe that's the problem because my guy cut the rods to make them shorter and them welded them back together.