: idle speed

Dimitri4171
11-08-12, 09:53 PM
I have 2007 Escalade. the idle speed up and down around 600 rpm - 900 rpm, and the engine runs roughly. also, when i accelerate the throttle about 4000 rpm and holds, the temperature gauge on the instrument drops to minimum (149F). but when i release the throttle its back normal (200F).
so, i bring it to the garage and read out the fault codes. it said "IDLE SPEED HIGH". they said that i have to replaced the throttle.

Does anyone could help me with this issue?
thanks

48Dodge
11-09-12, 01:37 PM
Sounds like the TPS is bad. I just got a letter in the mail about this from Cadillac. Not a recall, but if you're having issues they'll fix it. So, run by the dealer and have them check it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-09-12, 09:16 PM
Dmitri, I would also recommend visiting your Cadillac dealer for service. Please let me know if you would like any assistance along the way; I'm happy to locate dealers near you if you don't have a dealer you regularly use, and I'm also available if you would like me to contact your dealer on your behalf at any point!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Dimitri4171
11-15-12, 09:09 PM
Sounds like the TPS is bad. I just got a letter in the mail about this from Cadillac. Not a recall, but if you're having issues they'll fix it. So, run by the dealer and have them check it out.

Mr. 48dodge,i've already replaced the throttle valve. but it's not solving the problem. is there any other advice? thanks

----------

Dmitri, I would also recommend visiting your Cadillac dealer for service. Please let me know if you would like any assistance along the way; I'm happy to locate dealers near you if you don't have a dealer you regularly use, and I'm also available if you would like me to contact your dealer on your behalf at any point!

Best,

Katie

dear katie, can i have a nearest contact or any number of the dealer in jakarta, indonesia. thanks...

48Dodge
11-15-12, 11:26 PM
Not the throttle valve but the throttle position sensor.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-16-12, 11:16 AM
dear katie, can i have a nearest contact or any number of the dealer in jakarta, indonesia. thanks...

Thanks for your patience, Dimitri! I checked my resources for you, and I did find information regarding GM Indonesia's Customer Assistance Center's phone line: (021) 8895 5105. While unfortunately I didn't find specific dealer information for you, I would recommend contacting the Customer Service representatives to see what additional information they can provide regarding possible GM dealers nearest you.

Best,

Katie