: Few Weeks So Far with 2010 SRX - Two Issues

bakerboston
11-08-12, 05:47 PM
First off, great forum. In the past few weeks, I've read and learned so much about my new purchase. You all care very much about your vehicles and I would hope to share this love of my vehicle as well. After buying my used 2010 SRX (Performance version with 32K miles) from a non-Cadillac dealership back in the middle of October, I have unfortunately experienced noises coming from both the HVAC system and the rear wheels. This morning, I brought the vehicle to where I purchased it (since I was still under their 30-day warranty), but I was told it was still under warranty with Cadillac and that I would need take it to a dealer for service. PS - I live in the Atlanta area. Now, I absolutely LOVE the look and options of the car and I've never sprung for such an expensive vehicle in the past. Obviously, my expectations are somewhat high after taking such a large financial plunge. My previous vehicle was a 2003 Highlander that ran and drove great and felt very smooth on all surfaces for the past 7 yrs.

FIRST ISSUE: There's a sound I hear in the dash area that seems to be coming from the HVAC system. It's the sound you would hear if you put the HVAC on AUTO and turned the temperature up and down. It's a somewhat constant of and on "churning" sound that almost sounds like you are lightly clearing your throat. When the sound is going, it can be heard every few seconds: Cccccccccccc.... ccccccccccc............cccccccccccc.... The noise is so irritating that it makes you literally want to tear the dash open and find its source. I've read that this could be tied to an issue involving an actuator and something needing to be reprogrammed. I'm hoping it's as simple as that.

SECOND ISSUE: I'm hearing a lot of mild to moderate rumbling coming from the rear of the vehicle. Even on fairly smooth surfaces at low speeds, there's a noise like a thump that just shouldn't be there. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the suspension or a bad strut or something. Regardless, I am finding it hard to enjoy the new Cadillac experience. It's sad that I would almost rather have my 2003 Highlander back than continue driving this vehicle.

In summary, my key concerns are whether these noises, as I've described them, have been experienced by others and whether it's as easy as calling a local dealership to have the repairs completed under my existing 4yr/50K warranty (Capital Cadillac in the Atlanta area has been recommended on this forum). I'm hoping the fine people of this forum can help me put my mind at ease and work toward resolution of both issues.

Thanks in advance!

-BB

TheCaptain
11-08-12, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your issues. Both of these have been discussed before on some 2010's and a Cadillac dealer should have no problem taking care of you.