: No sound from rear speakers 2003 EXT

b_pitt13
11-08-12, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post but this forum has been a godsend since I purchased my 2003 Escalade EXT last winter. So thanks for that!

I can't seem to find this issue anywhere. I recently realized there is no sound coming from the rear speakers in my EXT. The front doors and tweeters in the pillars work fine but nothing from the rear door speakers. Any idea what this could be? (Amp, fuse, etc?) Is there a separate amp for the rear speakers? The only thing done is pulled the door skins off and the speakers are wired in at least.

Stock CD/Tape player, the previous owner had an aftermarket deck in at some point but put the stock radio back in when he sold it to me (not sure if that may have something to do with this).

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

b_pitt13
2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT

the cadillac man
11-08-12, 11:40 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post but this forum has been a godsend since I purchased my 2003 Escalade EXT last winter. So thanks for that!

I can't seem to find this issue anywhere. I recently realized there is no sound coming from the rear speakers in my EXT. The front doors and tweeters in the pillars work fine but nothing from the rear door speakers. Any idea what this could be? (Amp, fuse, etc?) Is there a separate amp for the rear speakers? The only thing done is pulled the door skins off and the speakers are wired in at least.

Stock CD/Tape player, the previous owner had an aftermarket deck in at some point but put the stock radio back in when he sold it to me (not sure if that may have something to do with this).

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

b_pitt13
2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Check the audio controls sounds like they have been messed with(some people adjust it so its just on the front speakers) if this don't help I removed the stock speakers and I have them up for sale if your Interested let me know how it turns out

b_pitt13
11-12-12, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your response, Cadillac Man. That was my first thought as well, but that isn't the issue. I'll keep you in mind if it turns out I need replacement oem speakers. Thanks!

the cadillac man
11-12-12, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your response, Cadillac Man. That was my first thought as well, but that isn't the issue. I'll keep you in mind if it turns out I need replacement oem speakers. Thanks!

The amp may also have something to do with it but the speakers I have a whole set for sale if the amp or radio isn't the source of the problem