: Anyone have the dealer installed "Protection Package" on 2012 SRX

ondale
11-08-12, 12:11 AM
Hello all, I come over from the Catera forums, as I replaced my Catera and picked up my brand new 2012 SRX Performance in Black Ice. As part of the deal, I had them order me the Protection Package (Clear front bra, splash guards, and rear protector) While I took delivery of the SRX on Saturday, I am going to bring it back when the package comes in and the dealer is going to install it. I really wanted the splash guards, and I am curious if getting that clear film installed is worth it? Once it's on, can it ever be taken off without damaging the paint?

Thanks.

SrxNamja
11-08-12, 12:32 AM
Hello all, I come over from the Catera forums, as I replaced my Catera and picked up my brand new 2012 SRX Performance in Black Ice. As part of the deal, I had them order me the Protection Package (Clear front bra, splash guards, and rear protector) While I took delivery of the SRX on Saturday, I am going to bring it back when the package comes in and the dealer is going to install it. I really wanted the splash guards, and I am curious if getting that clear film installed is worth it? Once it's on, can it ever be taken off without damaging the paint?

Thanks.

Im sure it can be removed. If you got the package with install free then I dont see why not. If you get charged for install then its not worth it for them to do it as its relatively simple. I installed my own splash guards. I plan on getting the 3m clear wrap for protection on the front bumper,hood and side fenders. again if its free why not but I seen it and not sure how much actual protection it will provide as its rather a small location. If you ever end up getting more wrap installed then they would either remove it or go around it.

congrats on your purchase I also have a 2012 black ice and loving it!

Likely
11-08-12, 11:11 AM
ondale.....

I have the package on my 2010 premium srx. Love it!!!! The splash guards are a must on the srx, and they look really good. You will be very happy that you decided to put the package on your new srx. The film looks good as well. Enjoy your new ride!!!!!

Likely