: Wheel cleaner?

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-07-12, 10:56 PM
What is a safe cleaner and polish to use on Cadillac aluminum wheels? I only use soap and water on mine for fear of destroying them. I have the high polished flat 6 spoke wheels(one of the nice styles by Cadillac IMO)

----------

I posted this in another section of the forum but I haven't got any replies

creeker
11-07-12, 11:28 PM
After trying a few different products on my 92 eldo. after market polished alum. rims (american racing) I found a great cleaner, it's mothers
mag. and aluminum polish, it isn't hard to apply and does a great job, I also finish wheels off with car wax.

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-07-12, 11:54 PM
Thanks and yes I do the same with wax

PzNuts
11-08-12, 03:52 AM
Mother's makes a good general cleaner/maintainer. If you have pesky stuff that just won't go away after a wash and clean, use Eagle1 Nevr Dull.

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-08-12, 08:42 AM
Yup I tried never dull on a small section the other day and I didn't see any change so I didn't continue with it

Mullah88
11-08-12, 12:32 PM
after washing mine (wheels) and a 15min drive, it guest all dusted up again...brake dust??? as in heavily dusted (brakes do squeal when applied)

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-08-12, 01:08 PM
I'd say that's your brake pads. My wheels are in good shape but I want to try to make them better ya know

EChas3
11-08-12, 02:28 PM
Just as with tires, different brake pads have varying traits. Pads with maximum braking may also produce more dust. They often wear faster or cause the disks to do so. YMMV!

carter's_sts
11-08-12, 05:39 PM
Guys, try Armor All Wheel Protectant. I recently started using it and it works really well for brake dust if you follow the directions.

I was surprised. Funny thing is that, since it doesn't stick to the wheels, some of it gets slung onto the side of the car. Still annoying, but way easier to wipe off.

curtc
11-08-12, 07:15 PM
Guys, try Armor All Wheel Protectant. I recently started using it and it works really well for brake dust if you follow the directions.

+1, great product that performs as advertised.

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-08-12, 11:17 PM
Ok thanks ill give it a try

fly187
11-09-12, 12:54 PM
MOTHERS has the BEST products out there! I use aluminum cleaner on my sts. back to black is a great product on all the trim.

DdoubleE
11-09-12, 07:04 PM
I agree with fly187, mothers has the best products when it comes to cat care. I only use mothers and armor all on my STS.

curtc
11-09-12, 08:50 PM
The ArmorAll product is NOT a cleaner, it's a protectant. Clean the wheels with whatever you'd like, then spray the protectant on and let it dry...repels brake dust, road grime, etc, keeps them cleaner longer.