: for those who wanted to see a platnium V with a black roof.

martinV
11-07-12, 10:42 AM

martinV
11-07-12, 10:48 AM
Id post more pics but theyre all too large. Ill try to resize and post more once i can use my laptop.

thebigjimsho
11-07-12, 09:04 PM
Not bad. Looks good.

2007ThunderV
11-08-12, 07:46 PM
did you have it painted or buy the car like that.
reason iam asking is i swear i saw a platimun with a black roof for sale last year

AAIIIC
11-08-12, 08:00 PM
i swear i saw a platimun with a black roof for sale last year
It can't be the same car. His is platnium, not platimun.

Huh, I wonder what that red squiggly line under those two words means? Meh, it's probably a glitch in the system.

martinV
11-08-12, 11:28 PM
I had it painted. Theres actually a few light platinum Vs with painted roofs in the tri-state area. Now I get why people complain about black cars, hard work to keep it clean.

mberisha
11-09-12, 12:01 AM
Sharp! Post more pics if you got'em!

TallGuyJ
11-09-12, 12:17 AM
More pics please, If you have any. Looks good though.

martinV
11-10-12, 04:43 PM

joshuajohn1981
11-11-12, 08:44 PM
I like it!

odthetruth
11-12-12, 04:37 PM
It can't be the same car. His is platnium, not platimun.

I saw a black one with a platypus roof.

I had it painted. Theres actually a few light platinum Vs with painted roofs in the tri-state area. Now I get why people complain about black cars, hard work to keep it clean.

Yeah man, keeping a black car clean... Impossibru.

I definitely like the way it came out OP. Looks good, IMO.

lilgCTS-V
11-13-12, 11:41 AM
Wow looks like it was done RIGHT ! really clean V... just curious what part of jersey are you from always nice to see a jersey V

Redxped1
11-14-12, 07:51 PM
Do you have any pics of the led tails at night?

thebigjimsho
11-18-12, 06:30 PM
I really like the black roof. I do not like the roof spoiler. At all. Why bother with a trunk spoiler for downforce if your roof spoiler is not allowing clean air to get to it??

AAIIIC
11-19-12, 07:16 PM
I have mixed feelings about the roof spoiler. I think it actually looks better with the black roof and black spoiler than it would if the roof was silver.

As for functionality, who's to say the trunk spoiler is seeing any airflow in the original configuration? The roof spoiler may actually make the trunk spoiler more effective by "tripping up" the airflow coming off the roof - like the vortex generators on the EVO and the roof spoiler on the STI.

thebigjimsho
11-22-12, 03:30 PM
I have mixed feelings about the roof spoiler. I think it actually looks better with the black roof and black spoiler than it would if the roof was silver.

As for functionality, who's to say the trunk spoiler is seeing any airflow in the original configuration? The roof spoiler may actually make the trunk spoiler more effective by "tripping up" the airflow coming off the roof - like the vortex generators on the EVO and the roof spoiler on the STI.

Maybe. Maybe not.

V for victory
11-23-12, 12:54 PM
I also though about doing this to my car, but with a wrap instead of paint. That way I could remove it if I didn't like it, or grew tired of the look. Thanks for the photographs! I like the look but my only concern is, is it to Mercedes Benz copy cat!

JDB
11-23-12, 09:07 PM
Looks great! my silver Audi A4 had carbon fiber trunk that was painted black and left a middle section CF exposed and then doing a matching CF hood... was just about to do the roof... when blammo... some b!tch pulls out in front of me with no place to go, I totalled it into her = V purchase. I never did get pics of it like that since I was waiting until finished :(

and, yes, black is a PITA to keep clean. I miss my silver sometimes... like 5 minutes after I wash the V.