: Scottish Escalade owner looking for help!

John P
11-07-12, 10:23 AM
Hi,

When my car was brought to the UK the wiring was bodged by the looks of things.

So im wondering if anyone has the rear tailight wiring diagram or even a picture of how the rear tailights look wired originally so i can take it from there and work my way back.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

the cadillac man
11-07-12, 10:46 AM
Hi,

When my car was brought to the UK the wiring was bodged by the looks of things.

So im wondering if anyone has the rear tailight wiring diagram or even a picture of how the rear tailights look wired originally so i can take it from there and work my way back.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

John p I have a wiring diagram if you want give me your email and I will send it to you I may be a bit of time but I will send it.

John P
11-07-12, 11:25 AM
Hi, That would be great if you could Caddy man!

My e-mail is j444hnp@googlemail.com, Thats fine just when you get a chance.

Thanks!

John P
11-07-12, 02:34 PM
Figured it out nearly. Only problem is, When i lock the Escalade..The reverse lights stay on til the mirror puddle lights fade off, then the reverse lights go off? What the fu....

Carvone
11-07-12, 03:48 PM
Figured it out nearly. Only problem is, When i lock the Escalade..The reverse lights stay on til the mirror puddle lights fade off, then the reverse lights go off? What the fu....

This is normal, it is part of the security lighting feature. You can set it to different lighting options in the DIC.

the cadillac man
11-07-12, 05:05 PM

It's normal mine does the same thing(it is configurible.

John P
11-07-12, 05:40 PM
Ahhhhh! That makes sense! Thank god for that! Cheers lads!

the cadillac man
11-07-12, 05:44 PM
Ahhhhh! That makes sense! Thank god for that! Cheers lads!

I have mine set so that it keeps the headlights on for a minute and thirty seconds (it makes it safer for me when I have to get out somewhere and it's night with little area lighting.

John P
11-07-12, 08:37 PM
Funny you saying that cos when i went out and switched off the reverse light function, i changed my headlights to 90 second delay aswell. Good little feature.

the cadillac man
11-07-12, 09:57 PM
Funny you saying that cos when i went out and switched off the reverse light function, i changed my headlights to 90 second delay aswell. Good little feature.

I agree I had found it useful at times at night to have the perimeter lighting on(I do late night runs and being able to see around the truck is great when my hands are full