: The Sims 2

majax
12-19-04, 04:04 PM
I had the first version of the game and it was well addicting to control someones life and the graphics were great. My favorite part was building their house. Well on the new one you can do so much more. I prefer not to do sinful things with my sims. Anyone play 2 yet I think I'll get it just that I do not have the best ram right now and I need to call the IT guy about my computer spontainoulssy shutting off. I got the processor for it and the card should be okay 32mb ATI Radeon 7000.
I know it is kinda girly game :(

Ralph
12-19-04, 04:14 PM
I want to get that someday. There are different versions or plots arent there? House, out dancing, dating, shopping, etc?

I've only seen the tv commercials for the Sims but it looks cool.

majax
12-19-04, 04:38 PM
I don't mind sending you the first version of it. I don't think there is any expansions for the Sims 2 yet. The graphics look fantastic.
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/screenshots.php

Ralph
12-19-04, 04:47 PM
I don't mind sending you the first version of it. I don't think there is any expansions for the Sims 2 yet. The graphics look fantastic.
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/screenshots.php

Maybe we can trade or something whenever some Vision Magazines come. I probably could find a copy here cheap. :)

majax
12-19-04, 05:03 PM
Yeah the first one would run you probably $15-$20. I got a $55 dollar credit at a game store so I think I'll buy it with that. Someone bought me Halo2 and I already had it so they wanted me to exchange it for something else.

majax
12-19-04, 08:59 PM
I do not think my computer can run it. It says for not T&L capable video card(instead ATI Radeon 7000, etc) I need 2GHz with the T&L i only need 800mhz. What is T&L capable?

Ralph
12-19-04, 09:01 PM
I do not think my computer can run it. It says for not T&L capable video card(instead ATI Radeon 7000, etc) I need 2GHz with the T&L i only need 800mhz. What is T&L capable?

I wonder if I can even run it.

majax
12-19-04, 09:17 PM
I did research on T and L and what it does is it uses the graphics car processor to take load off the main CPU. I can get a new graphics card for $40 tahts 128mb then get more ram 256mb for $50. That's my first pay check this month :mad:

What is your processor 2.4? and whats your graphics I would not selling you my card for $10 it's pretty good. maybe free

Ralph
12-19-04, 09:20 PM
I did research on T and L and what it does is it uses the graphics car processor to take load off the main CPU. I can get a new graphics card for $40 tahts 128mb then get more ram 256mb for $50. That's my first pay check this month :mad:

That's what Night Wolfe told me, namely that my setup uses some speed/power from the video card so that's partly why I put in another stick of 256.

I want to keep my speed up and not download too much, but I would like to get that game sometime in the future, hopefully.

Is it true that it learns and evolves even when your computer is off, etc. It's like a living environment. (the game I mean)

I guess no one else bought it here yet?

majax
12-19-04, 09:29 PM
well I guess I will not get the sims, maybe. What xbox game should I get?

Ralph
12-19-04, 09:35 PM
well I guess I will not get the sims, maybe. What xbox game should I get?

Did you say you got Halo 2?

Dude, that "Call of Duty" would be my FIRST choice! It's supposed to be incredible! It's also available for PC and PS2. I want that next!

I see that the new Sims game is $67 dollars here so I'll definately wait. Besides I got so much to do in SA yet.

Can you get any of the NFS games for Xbox? I want that new Underground one eventually.

majax
12-19-04, 09:44 PM
My brother said NFS but I want the Call OF Duty I have been looking for it on the net(I did not know the name of it, thanks). I really liked Medal Of Honor, kinda screwed me up cause I played it so much, but that is how it is with me and xbox. I'd get the new Bond game but I don't like playing the bad guy. Sims2 is $40 here and my computer is to pokey to run it, oh well. At least you get a story line with an xbox game. yeah I got Halo 2, I have 2 copies of it right now so I'll take one back for Call of Duty I think, I am gona go check it out on the net here in a sec. My brother finished Halo 2 adn did not like it so much, I just don't like sci-fi games to much. I do like Star Trek though.

WW2 games are depressing kinda ;)

Ralph
12-19-04, 10:15 PM
There's also DOOM 3 for XBOX, which should be coming out soon, if it isn't already.

majax
12-19-04, 10:37 PM
As long as it is not snowy tommarow I am going ride down to the mall and get Call of Duty.

Ralph
12-20-04, 05:29 AM
Aw man, it looks like my San Andraes disc got scratched by the console and it's completely ruined because it loads but won't play!

Is there any way to get scratches out of the disc. I never even had it out of the tray since I bought it. The scratches are in a circular motion so the console is not lifting the disc properly and something made contact inside!

Now I need a new PS2 because I can't trust it with other games now. I may not get SA again, I might just get Call of Duty because it's a first person shooter.

BTW, San Andraes will be available for the XBOX.

majax
12-20-04, 03:53 PM
You can try a scratch remover liquid but before you do that just try washing it under some water and then dry it off with something soft that wont scratch more. Then, try it on someone elses PS2. That is strange that it will not lift it up, is it still under warranty? Maybe Play station will buy you a new game and fix it.

I'll tell you how call of duty is

Ralph
12-20-04, 04:39 PM
You can try a scratch remover liquid but before you do that just try washing it under some water and then dry it off with something soft that wont scratch more. Then, try it on someone elses PS2. That is strange that it will not lift it up, is it still under warranty? Maybe Play station will buy you a new game and fix it.

I'll tell you how call of duty is

I had the disc buffed. Hopefully the console won't scratch it again. I was told it might have bumped the alignment when the ps2 gets a bump, etc.

I went into more detail on the San Andraes thread.

I saw that they had a used copy of a Sims game for PS2 for 20 bucks. I don't know how good it would be for PS2.

majax
12-20-04, 05:17 PM
I'd prefer the sims on teh computer. I went to get Call of Duty and they are sold out for now he said he would hold one for me. Porbably later in the week to next week.

Ralph
12-20-04, 05:21 PM
I'd prefer the sims on teh computer. I went to get Call of Duty and they are sold out for now he said he would hold one for me. Porbably later in the week to next week.

I haven't sen them either anywhere! I think it's sold out for Christmas. :yup:

brougham
12-20-04, 06:18 PM
Wal Mart has the Sims for $19 Ralph.

Ralph
12-20-04, 06:21 PM
Wal Mart has the Sims for $19 Ralph.

Have you played it?

I assume you mean for Ps2.

Many times I see the used stuff for the same as it would cost new at other places. Wallmart is the cheapest for games I think.

brougham
12-20-04, 07:05 PM
No for computer. I saw it there a couple weeks ago and got it. I haven't played it too much.