: The Battery is STUCK! How do you get it out?

escaladechick
11-06-12, 04:20 PM
I need to replace the battery on my 2007 escalade - please tell me I can take it out myself and I don't have to take it to a mechanic! How do you pull the battery out? What am I missing that's limiting my ability to just taking it out? Thanks!

anhandrew
11-06-12, 06:36 PM
There is the two post and at the base is a bracket.

joeyrocks
11-07-12, 07:53 AM
Take it to a mechanic, don't be cheap.

56geo
11-07-12, 08:14 AM
take it to an Autozone or another parts store they will replace it for free if you buy the battery from them

dkozloski
11-07-12, 08:17 AM
Some people just shouldn't mess with 'chinery.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-07-12, 10:47 AM
Escaladechick, if you would like to explore the option of taking your Cadillac to a dealer for service (which I recommend) then please contact me privately for further assistance. I'm always on hand to locate dealers in your area, set up appointments, and/or follow up with your dealer on your behalf; email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FRISBEE
11-07-12, 09:56 PM
remove the body brace that rest over the battery and then there is a single bolt at the base of the battery tray. Buying a battery from the dealer is wayyyy over priced and the Delco battries are not holding up in my opinion (and I loved Delcos) I installed a Bosh battery from the P Boys and its doing well. Side note I had my original battery replaced by the dealer and when the second gave out in less than two years and they refused to prorate it because they replaced it under warranty. So Im on my third battery.

fbms
11-12-12, 11:21 PM
Frisbee is right 4 bolts on the body brace and the battery has plenty of room to come out. I replaced mine with a yellow top optima and it is awesome. A little pricy but well worth it.

evois
11-13-12, 09:51 AM
let escaladedude replace the battery instead of "chick."