: Question about Corsa exhaust

RealmCenter
12-19-04, 02:53 PM
Question for anyone who could help me out here. Whhat would prevent me from using the '99 and newer Corsa STS system on my '97 STS? Diameter, Routing?

danbuc
12-19-04, 03:33 PM
It's the way the pipes run to the back and where the hangers are positioned. If you wanted, I'm sure you could get it to fit. You would just have to take the tips, mufflers, and resonator and build them around a custom setup. Since all of the pieces in the Corsa exhaust system are designed to clamp together, I don't think this would be too difficult. Any good shop that is experienced with exhaust work should be able to put it in for you. I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet, but it seem like it would work. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Rick99STS
01-06-05, 10:32 PM
I can't say enough good things about my Corsa exhaust. I look forward to driving the car much more since I installed the exhaust. Good luck.

elwesso
01-07-05, 04:35 PM
It sounds really loud on the website... Does it drone?

Rick99STS
01-07-05, 04:41 PM
Read through the technical stuff on the Corsa site, the exhaust noise is certainly comfortable inside the car. Its designed to pump the sound rearward. Its only loud when you want it to be and you can carry a normal conversation inside the car except when you are at WOT. Nice mid to high powerband increase too.

danbuc
01-07-05, 04:54 PM
It's not very loud at all while cruising. I did noticed that the car seemed to be a bit faster than before I had it. I've had no problems listening to my music or talking to friends in the car. Sometimes, I just turn off the radio just to hear the exhaust. :D

elwesso
01-07-05, 05:17 PM
And you certailny dont need a 10 speaker bose system to hear that! :D

Spyder
01-07-05, 07:19 PM
My 'ol dodge hasn't had a stereo since I got it...sometimes, though, I wish it had had something different than straight pipes when I drove it the forty five minutes to basketball games over the summer...big block mopars without mufflers are LOUD! :)