: Diablosport Predator

Ghost Deany
11-06-12, 12:53 PM
Anyone see any issues using the predator with 88k miles?

MrHolland
11-06-12, 06:56 PM
No, sounds like its good and broke in!!

Should be no issue.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-06-12, 10:39 PM
When I bought mine, I was around 80k. It passed the seat test

Ghost Deany
11-26-12, 07:26 PM
Bought it and used it today. Did the 87 octane tune. After flooring it wow what a difference. I remember in 06, someone said something in a post on here about the tranny torque management on these things? Did they ever do anything about that?

Tec80
11-26-12, 09:21 PM
Awesome. Let us know if you notice any fuel economy improvements. Does the tune get rid of the huge delay when punching it from a dead stop?

----------

If you add longtube headers it will REALLY wake up.

Ghost Deany
11-27-12, 02:28 PM
Awesome. Let us know if you notice any fuel economy improvements. Does the tune get rid of the huge delay when punching it from a dead stop?

----------

If you add longtube headers it will REALLY wake up.

Yea big difference in response. Reset MPG and havent done any real driving to notice any mpg difference as of yet.

Royalton
11-27-12, 04:07 PM
Looks like preditor was replaced with the new Diablo sport I-1000
http://diablosport.shptron.com/p/i-1000-intune-color-touch-screen-flash-programmer

Anyone else use a diablo tuner? It says it gives 20 extra HP and 3MPG more.

Please let us know what it did for you? would you recomend?

best deal I found so far was $296.52 after using promo code SAVE15
http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A6340A0A0.aspx

soulsea
11-27-12, 04:34 PM
Sheesh, for $250 one can get a much superior in person EFI Live tune tailored specifically to one's needs and driving style.

Just hit up Blackbear Performance.

MrHolland
11-27-12, 09:13 PM
But the hand held can be changed over and over, with the blackbear tune you're stuck with it, right??

soulsea
11-27-12, 09:27 PM
Well yes, you are stuck with the tune that's customized for your specific truck and specific needs, as opposed to presets. Keeping in mind that every engine/transmission has its specific characteristics, even when they are built alike.

You can actually have more than one custom tune if you wish (I think at additional cost) such as for towing/perf/fuel ec/etc, purchase an Autocal, and load them from your home computer at your leisure.

But the upshot is, you drive around with the tuner, you tell him exactly what you want, and he tunes your engine to satisfy your specific needs.

I used BB on my 6.2 Denali originally to remedy the catastrophic upshift lag/bogging down that plagues these engines/transmissions ... shift points and torque management were changed, AFM deactivated, optimized for 93oct, and a bunch of other small adjustments were made. In the end the truck drove as she should from the factory. Like I said, these tunes are made for you and your truck, not as preset of generalized needs.

I'm not selling it mind you, but it seems incongruous to me to purchase a 'one size fits all' suit when one can have a tailor made one for the same price or less. :)

Ghost Deany
11-27-12, 11:40 PM
I saw that new diablo tuner, i got the older one because i was seeing that new one for like 500$ a few months ago. I am pretty impressed after 1 day of around town driving just to work and back. The response is so much better, unlike how it used to be a second delay and sluggish before. When i floored it the first time, i was almost shot back in the seat!

K9Caddy
11-28-12, 12:23 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about Blackbear. Actually, I about went that route, until Diablo got TCM support with their new Intune. I use the Intune as just the handheld programmer, itself, no canned tunes for me. I got a custom tune through www.diablewtune.com It's basically the same thing as Blackbear, but uses the Intune device instead of EFI Live.

Royalton
11-29-12, 10:37 AM
Just bought the Diablo Itune-1000

Paid $296.65. I will let you know if I can notice a difference after from using it :) hope so as I am taking a 2400 mile car trip in 2 weeks and would like to see 1-3 mpg extra.