: Removing the car's steering wheel

Mustang1966
11-06-12, 09:04 AM
Hello. I need to dismount the wheel of the car.
I can not find where to start.
Can you help me.
Thank you.
Alex

Ghost Deany
11-06-12, 11:19 AM
Disconnect the neg battery cable, pump brake pedal a couple times, then I would let it sit 10-15 mins since it involves airbag just to be safe. Theres a small hole on each side of the wheel use a pick or something to stick in each hole and press it, it will release the air bag, once thats off and disconnected, just remove the bolt. Usually you can wiggle the wheel off without a steering wheel puller.

hcvone
11-06-12, 12:01 PM
I had to use a puller just like for my Corvette's, if it comes off without a puller you are very lucky. :) Be careful when removing the air bag assy

anhandrew
11-06-12, 06:39 PM
When tugging on the steering wheel make sure you disconnect the cables that attaches the clockspring. Also tug carefully or you will break your clockspring. When i replace my clockspring due to an airbag problem i broke the original one pulling to hard.

hannity
11-07-12, 12:22 PM
The trucks are the same as far as this, I was looking into getting a removable steering wheel when I had mine when I found out how easy they could be stolen. But even my friends who deal in custom cars and lowriders recommended that I not attempt this because it would have to be completely custom and would void my warranty and I was told I may have issues with the air bag. Anyway this vid will help you. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QBthAHIwM

Mustang1966
11-07-12, 04:04 PM
thank you very much for your answers.
As in France, it is very complicated for us.
Your help is so valuable.
See you Soon.
Alex.