: Hatch keeps opening on 2010

Olustee bus
11-06-12, 07:42 AM
Someone closed it manually last week. Also, my key fob got washed. Don't know what is causing the hatch to just open on it's own.

any ideas?

Jake2010
11-06-12, 08:59 AM
In the meantime you can turn the rear hatch "off" with the switch on the drivers door panel. It will prevent the hatch from going up via remote. You can still open it by manually pressing the switch above the license plate. Needs to have your remote checked... you could try taking the battery out and letting it dry out real well. Then check out it's functionality in a few days, maybe there is still moisture in there.

gary2381
11-09-12, 03:30 PM
I had the with my 2010 premium. It happened three or four times. I kept taking it back to the dealership and they updated software and did a few other things. Finally I took it back and they replaced some type of switch. They said it had gotten some time of moisture and was rusted. It has been fine since.

Kuya
11-30-12, 12:08 AM
I have randomly noted that my back hatch has opened magically when I walk outside to my car. However, these have all been times that the SRX was parked right outside the building and I am just inside, working in the office all day. I think . . . in my case . . . it's because I have the FOB in my pocket LOL . . but I am not 100% sure yet . . .

I started hanging my keys on a wall hook . . . so if it happens again - I will know for sure it's not my butt calling my car