: No juice

dan1166
11-05-12, 08:37 PM
Yesterday, I pulled my 2006 STS V-6 in my garage to change the oil. I just got back from about a 1 hour drive, so it was warmed up. While I was waiting for the oil to drain, I decided to wash the car. The total job took about 2 hours.

Then I got in the car to move it to another stall, and the battery was dead. I mean dead. Just a clicking sound. I put a battery charger on and it showed a 5% charge. So I charged for 4 hours on 8 amps, and it was already up to 90%. The car started right up.

This battery was changed by the dealer around 10,000 miles for the same problem. Could this be another bad battery? Did the dealer really change the battery, or is there some kind of problem with this model. Or maybe this battery is defective.

Whatever the case, has anyone out there had a similiar problem? Your opinions and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Dan, the STS Man

EChas3
11-05-12, 09:00 PM
Yep, a bad cell.

These cars will not even try to start if the battery fails the car's test.

I use a 78-series Optima. It's a bit tight but far superior to OEM.

dkozloski
11-06-12, 04:12 PM
You probably left your car with accessory power on ran the battery down. Even a dirt floor shop should be able to load test your battery and save you bucks. Drop by my house and I'll check it for you.

EChas3
11-07-12, 12:32 AM
Watch out Dan, Koz's driveway is in Alaska!