: spark plugs and spark plug wires

USNRET311
11-05-12, 02:51 PM
What is the best spark plugs and wires for 2004 Escalade. Thanks guys!

Othniel13
11-05-12, 04:52 PM
I bought some E3 plugs about 20K ago and they work great. Saw some MPG and perf increase but old ones were pretty bad. Had the same results on my dad's Trailblazer with the I6 so I am a believer in the E3.

I put some 8mm wires in as well from an ebay site but no noticeable difference. If you change the wires be sure to keep the heat shields from the old wires... I made that mistake and my car smelled terrible because of it.

Snowboarder
11-05-12, 05:12 PM
What should the spark plugs be gapped to for our trucks? Is platinum better?

USNRET311
11-08-12, 11:33 AM
according to the manual the gap should be 1.01mm. The bosch iridium plugs that i bought has 1.00mm. And it's running smoothly.

MrHolland
11-09-12, 07:44 AM
For a stock application, I'd lean toward delco plugs and definitely stock delco wires. Lots of time, research and money went into developing the stock set up. JMHO!!

the cadillac man
11-09-12, 09:51 AM
For a stock application, I'd lean toward delco plugs and definitely stock delco wires. Lots of time, research and money went into developing the stock set up. JMHO!!

I couldn't agree more.

wesyder
11-09-12, 11:14 AM

I 3rd that

2 loud
11-09-12, 07:07 PM
and i NOT .. i swaped from Stock ac delos after driving them 1000 europian miles (im swedish) and changed to HALO sparkplugs ,, i am since loong "halonized" but out of diffrent reasons i hasent used halo in my own truck yet ,,, and franky i now what halos do but i couldent not in my wildest dreams belive that they shoud do any diffrence ,, but the DID and not only by saving almoust 1DL /Mile it also changed how the power is deliverd ,
the engine appers alot stronger then before and if you listen to the engine it sings in "hamony" ,, well i can ONLY recommend those halos iv used the for almoust 20 years now and i havent been disepontied once of them ..

look at this link and you get some moore info about them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCpzxjQN2k