: Code p0171 and p0174

Ghost Deany
11-05-12, 10:33 AM
Read around but didn't find anything definitive. Anyone know what issue could be with these codes. Says "system too lean" bank 1 and 2, and throws the service stabilitrak and traction control message. It drives fine, cleared the code and it came back on. K&N CAI and Corsa Sport. No loose air filters or hoses or wires etc.

Ghost Deany
11-06-12, 11:36 AM
Cleaned MAF and the CEL seems to be off for the time being. Ruled out o2 sensors, the MAF, if it comes back i would think its a vacuum leak somewhere or the intake manifold gasket leaking. Don't think its the fuel pump i don't have any hesitation when accelerating etc.

RippyPartsDept
11-06-12, 11:56 AM
if it was one bank you might think that the intake gasket was a bit leaky on one side but with both banks you kind of assume something between the air filter and the throttle body is leaking

it still could be both intake gaskets leaking but it's much easier to check the intake duct work from the air filter up to the throttle body to make sure everything's sealed up tight

Ghost Deany
11-06-12, 12:39 PM
The code the first time the light came on before i turned it off was just for 1 bank, second time both banks. I have the K&N CAI and everything is tight and secure. My MAF was on backwards though, and has been on backwards for the past year and a half, I cleaned it and put it on correctly. Hopefully it stays off.

turbocobra
11-06-12, 11:25 PM
if it was one bank you might think that the intake gasket was a bit leaky on one side but with both banks you kind of assume something between the air filter and the throttle body is leaking

it still could be both intake gaskets leaking but it's much easier to check the intake duct work from the air filter up to the throttle body to make sure everything's sealed up tight

I had the same code after I installed my turbo and it turned out to be a very slight lower intake gasket leak. My gasket had a knick in it from taking it off during turbo install. I would obvious clean mass air and checl for leak at throttle body before removing intake as the fuel line and vcum lines will need to be removed to pull intake so its a pretty good job. Good Luck!!

----------

I had the same code after I installed my turbo and it turned out to be a very slight lower intake gasket leak. My gasket had a knick in it from taking it off during turbo install. I would obvious clean mass air and checl for leak at throttle body before removing intake as the fuel line and vcum lines will need to be removed to pull intake so its a pretty good job. Good Luck!!

Also, my Escalade through both codes and only my driver side had a tear so I would not rule out the torn gasket synopsis.

Ghost Deany
11-06-12, 11:46 PM
Still off, was driving it half of today. Yesterday it would come on a few minutes after clearing it with the scanner.