: 2011 Escalade ESV Lubrication question

charlo
11-05-12, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Wife and I finally splurged and after looking for two months came across a beautiful 2011 ESV with 23,000 miles. The interior still smells new!

Im taking it in for an oil change and I was just wondering if on my car there are grease fittings on the front end, or are they sealed like on most newer cars.

I plan on doing the oil changes myself after the free ones run out and trying to determine if it will be as simple as changing the oil or if I need to go get a grease gun. Thanks!

K9Caddy
11-05-12, 10:52 AM
There are two grease zerks on the front end, thats it. The outer tie-rods have the zerks, you can see them on each of the front wheels.

charlo
11-05-12, 11:20 AM
Hi, are these fittings on top or bottom and do I need to get underneath the truck to see them or are they accesible from the wheel wells. Thanks

K9Caddy
11-05-12, 12:32 PM
On the bottom, you can see them next to the breaks, outer tie-rods.

----------

Now you got me second guessing myself... Its either on the top or bottom, you can see the zerk with the vehicle parked.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-05-12, 03:25 PM
Hi,

Wife and I finally splurged and after looking for two months came across a beautiful 2011 ESV with 23,000 miles. The interior still smells new!

Im taking it in for an oil change and I was just wondering if on my car there are grease fittings on the front end, or are they sealed like on most newer cars.

I plan on doing the oil changes myself after the free ones run out and trying to determine if it will be as simple as changing the oil or if I need to go get a grease gun. Thanks!

Many congrats on your new ESV, charlo! If you have any lingering questions along the way, please feel free to send me an email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) with the last eight of your VIN, and I can research for you!

Wishing your family lots of happy miles ahead,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service