: Dealership Problems...

SrxNamja
11-05-12, 12:08 AM
Well tomorrow i go pick up my New Srx that I just bought a week ago from the dealership after the foglamp install they agreed upon during the sale. I had some major issues since the beginning of this purchase regarding pricing and what was said and what wasn't clarified but ended up buying it after some discussion. Problem is that i had to call 10 times and kept getting the run around from my sales guy and no return calls ect. Well I brought the car in this last Friday because I called almost 10 times due to lack of communication and the sales manager confirmed that the fogs were in stock and a rental would be available as I had a meeting to attend around the time service would be able to put them in. This dealership is 30 miles away!

Low and behold I go in but the service department said it wasnt in the system and they didn't know it was even mentioned.:banghead: The guys seemed pretty ticked off as something like this has been happening a lot and gave me the service managers number(he was on vacation)to make a complaint and told me I'd get some sort of compensation. They also got a rental for me paid by them and held the car over the weekend. I ended up getting a traverse which I wasnt happy about but i was fine with it since the guys did what they could in a short time. (funny thing is the traverse with the 4 cyl got worse gas mileage then my srx 3.6 V6)

Ending the story short, service also located the 2nd key fob which the sales guy said he couldn't find and also replaced the bulbs no charge on the low beams as that was also not mentioned to them. I recorded the miles and took close pictures of the car to make sure no damage was done but this kind of service from the dealership was terrible and the guys in the service department also stated this wasn't right. As I left the dealership I got a mean mug from my salesman and his friends sitting outside smoking and if my kids weren't there i would've given him something more to look at but i decided to leave as i didn't want to escalate the issue just yet.

I mean I could understand this from some car jockey but this whole ordeal was messed up and really misrepresents what the only luxury line portrays . By no means am I one of those stuck up or snobby people that bitch for no reason but this was straight up ridiculous. 40K car and 1$ service? I am going to write a email as suggested by service but might go a step higher as this (kid) and sales manager were real shady afterwards.

Any of you guys or ladies had this happen to you? I'll give high recommendations to the service department side of it but the 2 sales guys i dealt with, will probably hear it from the manager.

C&C
11-05-12, 04:57 AM
Can't address your problems (with the dealer), but if it makes you feel any better, the Traverse doesn't come in a 4 cylinder (so at least the SRX and Traverse have a similar 3.6 engine). Best of luck with rectification of the your other woes, and hope you enjoy your new vehicle, when finally delivered. (maybe cross these guys off of your list for future purchases)

swgyoooo
11-05-12, 09:44 AM
Service department always seems to get the bad rap, but the blame lies squarely with the sales rep. At most dealerships, the communication with sales and service is terrible. The service dept has a limited amount of time to schedule, and then the sales dept dumps surprises on them. Worst part is that there is a customer caught in the middle! Glad it sounds like it all worked out.

tph123
11-05-12, 10:10 AM
Out of curiosity how did you select the salesman?

I usually go look for the salesman of the month signs and ask the sales manager who is the most successful sales person and how long they have been with the dealer. I have in the past actually asked for a new salesman because they didn't know more than I did about the car I was buying. I recently did this approach as I am in a new city and new dealer so started from scratch.

SrxNamja
11-05-12, 11:04 AM
Can't address your problems (with the dealer), but if it makes you feel any better, the Traverse doesn't come in a 4 cylinder (so at least the SRX and Traverse have a similar 3.6 engine). Best of luck with rectification of the your other woes, and hope you enjoy your new vehicle, when finally delivered. (maybe cross these guys off of your list for future purchases)

yes, you are correct on the engine. i was thinking the 2.4 liter equinox but it is the traverse i have. seems extremely slow with the 3.6 though and drives like a 4

Service department always seems to get the bad rap, but the blame lies squarely with the sales rep. At most dealerships, the communication with sales and service is terrible. The service dept has a limited amount of time to schedule, and then the sales dept dumps surprises on them. Worst part is that there is a customer caught in the middle! Glad it sounds like it all worked out.

exactly why they were so pissed off.

Out of curiosity how did you select the salesman?

I usually go look for the salesman of the month signs and ask the sales manager who is the most successful sales person and how long they have been with the dealer. I have in the past actually asked for a new salesman because they didn't know more than I did about the car I was buying. I recently did this approach as I am in a new city and new dealer so started from scratch.

i did quite a bit of searching and made my choice first based on the trade in value of my car. the sales guy was great up until after the sale. I should have done more extensive research on the sale guy as he has a bad report on car. com and the dealership as a whole has quite a few complaints[COLOR="Silver"]

----------