: I get to order my V Coupe tomorrow

kameau
11-04-12, 11:45 AM
I just want to thank all the member for the grat post and info on the site. After waiting and waiting, I finally get to order my V Coupe. Black Diamond Tricoat, 6MT, red Brembos, Recaros w/ Saffron inserts, polished rims, and black chrome grill. I can't wait for my baby to be in my garage, my early retirememt present. I almost went for the ZL1, but went for the muscle with class.

larry arizona
11-04-12, 12:29 PM
Congrats. You will not be sorry you chose the V over the ZL1. The ZL1 as interesting as it is, it is still a camaro........

tkracing
11-04-12, 01:02 PM
Great choice and congrats on the order. Post pics when it arrives.

dennych
11-04-12, 01:24 PM
good choice, unless you like looking through a tank window slit, the V is the better way to go :)

brian-nicola
11-04-12, 02:25 PM
Won't regret it...I love mine

Crystal Red CTS-V
11-04-12, 02:28 PM
Congrats! Nothing like going to the dealer with your list of options in hand!

1997BlackETC
11-04-12, 02:55 PM
Congrats sounds like a good combo. The only thing you might want to think twice about is the Polished wheels. These cars generate a heck of a lot of black brake dust and it's very challenging keeping those nice wheels looking good. With the Black satin wheels this is not as much of a issue. You could also think about ordering it with the newly available black grill to match the black wheels and that car would look downright sinister.

kameau
11-04-12, 03:47 PM
I was going to order the black chrome grill, but I was told that it was not much darker than the regular grill and was not worth the $900.00 option.

DRL650
11-04-12, 07:01 PM
Congrats!! Im a long time Vette and BMW 6 series owner. The first drive in my new V I was sold. You will be pleased you went with the V.

neuronbob
11-04-12, 07:41 PM
The red calipers are still on constraint. They were as of Thursday, when I ordered my V wagon. This changes week to week, so make sure you ask your dealer about them when you order. I am not interested in the red myself, but I asked if anything was on constraint for the sake of forum members interested in ordering.

Good luck and the more you all order, the sooner mine will be built! I hope. :)

1997BlackETC
11-04-12, 07:50 PM
Do they not give you an option though if the red calipers are on constraint? I have one on order with the red calipers, but I'd hope if it is holding up the build date they would give me an option just to go with the regular calipers and not hold up the order?

As far as the black grill goes, personally I like the way it looks much better. I think the stocker chrome mesh grill looks way to glitzy.

pat2t2f
11-05-12, 08:50 AM
Congrats and good luck. It's a great car and you will love driving it. I guess the only downside is the gas mileage and the small gas tank. That never affected me until now. I live on long island NY and with these gas lines I can't drive it. It's been sitting in the garage. I'm not complaining though, at least I have a home to come back to n

neuronbob
11-05-12, 11:10 AM
Do they not give you an option though if the red calipers are on constraint? I have one on order with the red calipers, but I'd hope if it is holding up the build date they would give me an option just to go with the regular calipers and not hold up the order?

As far as the black grill goes, personally I like the way it looks much better. I think the stocker chrome mesh grill looks way to glitzy.

Like I said, this changes week to week (I believe the info is published on Thursday), so the only way to be for sure is to call your dealer and ask, or PM Katie or one of the other Cadi reps on this site.

1997BlackETC
11-05-12, 02:34 PM
Good point, the salesman at the dealer called me today to tell me the status of the car on order remained unchanged and I asked him if he could check up on if the red calipers could be delaying the order? He said he would check on this so hopefully he will. I told him I'm fine with either the yellow or the silver, it really does not matter all that much too me. I mainly just wanted the reds because it was new for 2013 and it would distinguish the car from a 2011 or 2012.

To the Original poster, here is a picture of the Oppulent blue with the black wheels and the stock chrome grill, as you can see even if the grill were a few shades darker it would greatly improve the looks of car, for this reason the black chrome grill is worth it to me. You can plastidip the stocker, but it will not hold up like the factory black will and you will be re-doing it every now and then.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-05-12, 03:19 PM
Thanks for bringing my attention to this thread, neuronbob!

1997BlackETC & kameau, I'd definitely be happy to track your orders at any point in time. Simply send me a private message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) anytime with your order number and I can do some research.

1997, I see you're already consulting with the dealer on your potential delay concerns, so I hope you'll update this thread whenever you get a chance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1997BlackETC
11-05-12, 03:56 PM
Ok Thanks Katie, I just sent you a PM, I just wanted to make sure the red calipers are not delaying my order. I've had the car ordered around 7 weeks now with no build date scheduled yet, I'm hopeful of getting the car within the next month or so, but if the red calipers are going to make it two or three months more I will gladly just go with the stock ones or the yellow ones, it is not that big a deal.

kameau
11-05-12, 07:04 PM
Yes thanks Katie, my order was placed today and was told I should have my confirmation tomorrow once it is excepted. I think I'll wait on the red calipers, I've waited this long.:D

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-06-12, 10:45 AM
Ok Thanks Katie, I just sent you a PM, I just wanted to make sure the red calipers are not delaying my order. I've had the car ordered around 7 weeks now with no build date scheduled yet, I'm hopeful of getting the car within the next month or so, but if the red calipers are going to make it two or three months more I will gladly just go with the stock ones or the yellow ones, it is not that big a deal.

Thanks for your patience, 1997BlackETC! I replied back with some info about your currently scheduled Target Production Week, which would definitely be helpful to confirm with your dealer.

Yes thanks Katie, my order was placed today and was told I should have my confirmation tomorrow once it is excepted. I think I'll wait on the red calipers, I've waited this long.:D

Kameau, that's fantastic! Congrats again! :)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1997BlackETC
11-06-12, 03:12 PM
Ok thanks Katie.