: *** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details

baggedlvintegra
11-03-12, 11:05 PM
So I've read through every thread I could find regarding the Platinum front end conversion but had one question / some clarifications before I ordered my parts. From everything I've read you say you need the complete Fascia assembly w/ absorber or foam insert or watever complete with both grills and fogs, BUT in addition to make it function properly you need 3 things:

Hood Chrome
Right and Left "Corner Braces"
"Radiator Shroud"

From all the post I have read, are these the correct part numbers for those items?

Hood Chrome - OLD P/N 25921258 / NEW P/N 25981130
"Corner Braces" - LEFT 15907625 / RIGHT 15907626
"Radiator Shroud" - 15907623 -

I am most confused by the "radiator shroud" as this is kind of open ended and didn't match any of the parts in the parts breakdown for the OEM assembly. That is really what I need confirmation on.

I've got a deal lined of on a complete Platinum assembly including Fascia, Absorber, Fog Lights, Upper and Lower Grille, just want to make sure I get these additional P/Ns right and have everything I need going into it.

Thanks so much for all the work you've already done on the forums with this and thanks in advance for any help you can give. Hopefully my baby will have a new front end soon :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121029_190231.jpg

lee88
11-04-12, 09:05 AM
I did the conversion a few months back and I just used one of the vins posted here for the platinum and took that to my body shop, they did the rest.

BlownEscalade
11-04-12, 06:37 PM
Love your rims. What kind and rough price?

I did the conversion too. I'll try looking for the part numbers for you. I have them somewhere.

baggedlvintegra
11-04-12, 07:55 PM
Rims are 26" Forgiatos. Rough price, and its ROUGH, about $12K. The are custom made to order 3pc wheels painted pearl white to match.

Thanks for looking into the part numbers. I have my fingers crossed this deal I have lined up on a platinum assembly comes through tomorrow.

BlownEscalade
11-05-12, 12:57 AM
Upper rad air buffle part number is 25814523

----------

Chrome hood moulding part number is 25981130
Front liners part numbers L/R 22860089/22860090

----------

Rims are beautiful btw

baggedlvintegra
11-05-12, 09:35 AM
Thanks for providing those P/Ns! It looks like I have the P/Ns right for the corner braces and hood chrome, but the radiator shroud part I was way off. I'm going to just reuse my current liners as they have already been heat molded to prevent rubbing, I will just re-drill holes if necessary.

BlownEscalade
11-05-12, 03:27 PM
The new liner is more square in the front. It won't flow with the edge of the bumper. I tried and just decided to buy new ones.

baggedlvintegra
11-05-12, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, if I decide I don't like it I'll keep those P/Ns handy in case I need to order the new liners

BlownEscalade
11-05-12, 05:40 PM
Yeah the liners weren't too expensive. Here at the dealer was +/- $100 each. Canada parts seem to be more expensive. Don't know where you're from.

baggedlvintegra
11-05-12, 06:10 PM
Yeah I looked online and they were like $35 a piece, which I could probably get cheaper through a local dealer hookup. I honestly just dont want to go through the trouble of reshaping them again to clear for rubbing.....as a side note, the deal I had lined up the front assembly fell through, I knew it was too good to be true. I asked continually if it was for a platinum edition and they confirmed yes and provided the P/N which matched for Platinum but when they sent the pics it was the normal front end :banghead: so my search will continue for a little while longer

BlownEscalade
11-06-12, 12:42 AM
I see them on eBay once a while for 1500 shipped. I got mine there. Came with facia, upper/lower grill, foam support and bottom L/R brackets. I have to upload some pics to my computer as I have the pics on my iPhone but can't seem to figure out how to post them from the iPhone. What color is yours? If I come across one I can pm you if you want.

baggedlvintegra
11-06-12, 08:09 PM
So I found another deal on another COMPLETE assembly (fascia with absorber, foam insert, fogs, both grilles, lower valence, corner braces) and ordered it, so now I'm going to order the extra parts (hood chrome molding and radiator baffle) through my local dealer hookup and hopefully in the next week or two the front end conversion will be complete :yup:

BlownEscalade - did you do the conversion yourself, or did you have a body shop do it? Just curious if you had any pointers or tricks to make this easier. It doesn't seem difficult but you never know until you've done it before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/100_5005.jpg

BlownEscalade
11-06-12, 11:42 PM
It was real simple. Take off the fan shrout, then remove the 6 - 10mm bolts up top, then remove the two 10 mm bolts top of the backside of the bumper, then remove the two 10 mm bolts on the bottom one beside each of the fog light. Make sure to unplug the fog lights and just pull it off. I removed the old one and the platinum fit right on. Did it myself. Took maybe 2 hrs max. Same time put in 6000k HID fogs.

----------

Where'd you find the platinum kit?

baggedlvintegra
11-07-12, 09:48 AM
It was real simple. Take off the fan shrout, then remove the 6 - 10mm bolts up top, then remove the two 10 mm bolts top of the backside of the bumper, then remove the two 10 mm bolts on the bottom one beside each of the fog light. Make sure to unplug the fog lights and just pull it off. I removed the old one and the platinum fit right on. Did it myself. Took maybe 2 hrs max. Same time put in 6000k HID fogs.

----------

Where'd you find the platinum kit?

Awesome! Thanks man, I thought that's all it was but just wanted to confirm.

I found it through a parts search on www.car-parts.com and I got it from a business called Northlake Auto Recyclers which had awesome customer service. They said they dont ship bumpers but they made a special case for me and definitely took care of me. They had several full platinum assemblies so anybody else looking to do this might try to give them a call. I believe they are in Indiana or Illinois can't remember

BlownEscalade
11-07-12, 05:51 PM
How much did you pay?

baggedlvintegra
11-07-12, 10:57 PM
$800 :thumbsup:

chakde
11-08-12, 02:46 AM
That is a really good deal. I have a black one on the way from the same place that BlownEscalade got his. Will be doing the same mod. The other thing I noticed on the pictures you posted is that it a Premium Grill as some of the outside trip is painted as opposed to chrome.

baggedlvintegra
11-08-12, 09:44 AM
That is a really good deal. I have a black one on the way from the same place that BlownEscalade got his. Will be doing the same mod. The other thing I noticed on the pictures you posted is that it a Premium Grill as some of the outside trip is painted as opposed to chrome.

Yeah I believe they call it the Platinum / Premium on the newest Ecalades. I can't stand chrome so I was excited to find out it was mostly paint matched. I posted another thread about the Platinum paint matched trim, I'm hoping to do the same thing..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/513716645_1_B.jpg

texas1
11-12-12, 04:42 PM
it seams like the painted to match grille does not stand out as much as the crome one i guess the only good thing about that is that they are cheaper to buy and same a couple of hundreds good deal on the bumper i got mine with both crome grilles for 1500

----------

dope forgive my spelling did not double check :thumbsup:

baggedlvintegra
11-12-12, 11:40 PM
paint to match is most definitely not cheaper than chrome. I just happend to get a good deal on my setup, not because it was paint matched though. I wish it was true that paint matched stuff was cheaper than chrome, sure would save me a bunch of $$$!!!

texas1
11-13-12, 02:54 PM
Its true i priced paint to match grille vs crome for my platinum conversion list price of the crome one is 664.39 pn 22860588 and the paint to match grille is 450.85 pn 22755374 so thats the diff. Thats tx price

----------

Same holds for the bottom grille i just dont have that price on hand cant find that receipt as in the paint to match grille is cheaper but it really does not matter really both look great just trying to help out ppl that maybe interested on doing the modd and want to save some money

baggedlvintegra
11-13-12, 04:09 PM
Its true i priced paint to match grille vs crome for my platinum conversion list price of the crome one is 664.39 pn 22860588 and the paint to match grille is 450.85 pn 22755374 so thats the diff. Thats tx price

----------

Same holds for the bottom grille i just dont have that price on hand cant find that receipt as in the paint to match grille is cheaper but it really does not matter really both look great just trying to help out ppl that maybe interested on doing the modd and want to save some money

My point proven exactly, sure the "paint to match" grill is $200 cheaper bare part than chrome but then add $300+ for 3 stage pearl blended paint and it puts it into perspective. "Paint to Match" means primered not already painted, and 3 stage pearl paint isnt cheap

But I do agree with you, the paint matched version kind of takes away from the Platinum look because the all chrome grill makes the grill appear MUCH wider than the stock look and the paint matched version doesn't look much wider. This makes me somewhat sad but I do prefer the paint match

baggedlvintegra
11-13-12, 10:19 PM
was strolling through the dealership (had to check out the dual exhaust factory bumper setup for my upgrade this weekend) and came across this weird combo. It was a brand new '12 with Platinum headlights, Premium Painted Grilles but had the stock hood chrome molding that come on the base models?!? Notice it doesn't go all the way out to the ends of the grille. To be honest it didn't look half bad and I may install my painted premium front end and leave the old smaller chrome molding until I can get all the pieces together that I want paint matched and just do it at one time...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121113_200449.jpg

It actually kind of flows because the chrome hood molding extends just to the inner chrome grill of the painted outer shell

MrHolland
11-13-12, 10:27 PM
First thought ---- Platinum conversion.

chakde
11-13-12, 10:39 PM
Funny I did not even notice it till I read your entire post.

baggedlvintegra
11-13-12, 10:44 PM
I was just cruising along looking down the line up and for some reason it caught my eye, just thought it was super strange for a brand new "0" mile one to have that combo with half platinum, half premium and 1 part base model lol

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 09:54 PM
I did the platinum premium conversion on my escalade. I bought the Platinum chrome hood piece but returned it after. It just didnt seem to look right because the premium grill is painted and the hood strip seemed to look like it was too long. I ended up going with the one that was on my truck originally.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

baggedlvintegra
11-14-12, 09:57 PM
^^^^ wow, that actually does look good!!!!!! Thanks so much for those pics, saved me some $$$ on ordering the hood molding! For some reason I had it in my head that your Esky was black this whole time, love seeing the white diamond platinum premium look on yours! Mine should be here tomorrow or Friday :)

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 09:57 PM

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 09:58 PM

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 10:02 PM
Sorry about the pics. Trying to figure out how to post them properly and having troubles

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 10:03 PM

BlownEscalade
11-14-12, 10:29 PM

This was with my old set of 26" Lexani rims. Had them on about a month and sold them. Bought the wrong offset and they were rubbing like crazy. Drove me nuts

chakde
11-15-12, 12:27 AM
Looks great BlownEscalade.

QDAWG24
11-15-12, 12:21 PM
Ok so after reading this thread I went to the link mentioned to where someone ordered the parts needed for the conversion. I don't know if I didn't know what I was looking for but I didn't see anything referencing platinum front bumper etc. can someone help to where to go to find all necessary parts to complete conversion. Also Brown Escalade I see you have the color match splash guards on you truck with factory 22s do you think they will fit without rub with 24s?

BlownEscalade
11-15-12, 01:29 PM
Hi, I can't see it rubbing with 24's as the splash guards are low enough. I got my platinum facia assembly through eBay. If you go through that website, look for platinum edition and there are a few every once a while that pops up. Just have to keep looking.

----------

Look under front facia assembly on the website.

IgotGAME
11-15-12, 03:49 PM
I really want that on my truck...I just wish I could find someone to pay to do it as I don't have time to take the project on myself.

baggedlvintegra
11-15-12, 04:03 PM
I really want that on my truck...I just wish I could find someone to pay to do it as I don't have time to take the project on myself.

As mentioned by BlownEscalade, the "project" is a 2 hr swap of front end parts with simple hand tools. The hardest part is finding a nice used / take off platinum front end.

BlownEscalade
11-15-12, 04:46 PM
All you need is a 10mm and 7 mm wrench.

----------

Loosen the front of the liner with a 7mm wrench and take off the three front push clips. Then inside holding the fender and bumper together there are two 10mm screws another 10mm screw right beside back of the fog light. Undo those. Then the I think 6 - 10mm screws on the very top of bumper and pull off. She will be a little tight pulling it off the tow hooks but she will come out nice. Goes on the same way.

baggedlvintegra
11-15-12, 05:14 PM
All you need is a 10mm and 7 mm wrench.

----------

Loosen the front of the liner with a 7mm wrench and take off the three front push clips. Then inside holding the fender and bumper together there are two 10mm screws another 10mm screw right beside back of the fog light. Undo those. Then the I think 6 - 10mm screws on the very top of bumper and pull off. She will be a little tight pulling it off the tow hooks but she will come out nice. Goes on the same way.

that begs one question I had...I take it you lose the tow hooks with the platinum bumper? Taking off the bumper is easy, do you happen to remember how hard / what size sockets / tools were required to remove the tow hooks? (if thats required at all)

BlownEscalade
11-15-12, 05:51 PM
Tow hooks stay on. It doesn't get in the way. They just sit behind the bumper.

----------

Can't use them no more, but who ever uses their tow hooks?

baggedlvintegra
11-15-12, 07:14 PM
Good info, thanks!...yeah no kidding

QDAWG24
11-15-12, 10:42 PM
So what is a good price for everything you will need? I found the bumper on eBay for $1500 (says it includes all necessary assemply parts) but don't know if that is over priced or if I should jump on it. Thanks BlownEscalade for installion tips! Sounds fairly easy.

BlownEscalade
11-16-12, 12:39 AM
I paid $1500 for mine. You will probably still need wheel well liners.

baggedlvintegra
11-16-12, 08:33 PM
got the bumper assembly in today and man was it a piece of cake, finally something easy to work on on this Escalade! Literally took me 20 mins to have the old one off and the new ones mounted up. Tweaked with it for about another 15-20 minutes to get the gaps how I wanted them and it was done! A couple of tips for everybody looking to do this....You DO NOT need to purchase the upper radiator shroud for the platinum version, you can very easily modify the stock one as all the holes are the same but 2. Here is a walk through in pics of what I am talking about.....Also as BlownEscalade said, the fender well liners are needed. It looks terrible how the non-platinum liners meet up (or dont meet up actually) with the bumper lines of the platinum bumper. I will be buying those soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_120111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_121622.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_121631.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_121705.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_122059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_173044.jpg

sdgc
11-16-12, 08:57 PM
personally i think it would look even better with the led lights... but i find them a bit too pricey for less light... but looking at it is definately a nice look. nice job guys

cadmanchris
11-16-12, 08:58 PM
Did you get the hood piece also?

baggedlvintegra
11-16-12, 09:06 PM
No, thats the original non-platinum chrome hood molding. It actually looks a lot better with the premium platinum painted grill. If you get a regular all chrome platinum grill I would add the platinum hood molding as well, but if you go with the painted look you can use your current hood molding

BlownEscalade
11-16-12, 10:21 PM
Good job Baggedlvintegra. Looks good. I never tried the upper rad shrout. But then it didn't cost me too much.

I personally don't like the LED headlights. I added 6000k park lights, daytime running lights, headlights and fog lights. It looks nice at night. I'll try to post a pic with the park/head/fog light soon.

Wouldn't mind doing the rear bumper too.

baggedlvintegra
11-16-12, 10:36 PM
Yeah the shroud is cheap (~$30) but I figured I try to install everything first then go get it if I needed to, but everything worked out fine without it.

I agree, the LED Platinum Headlights are a bit over the top and EXPENSIVE. I did find a set CHEAP here locally but I read its hard (wiring and BCI flashes) to get them to work on 07s so I just let it go. I too have 6k led parking, 6k led DRL, 6k HID bulbs and 6k HID fogs, I love the look!

I did the rear bumper today as well, check out my other thread...

Thanks againg BlownEscalade for all the help along the way, it made it much easier!

BlownEscalade
11-16-12, 10:58 PM
Yeah I seem your other post. Looks good. I wanna do the same, but undecided still in a way cause I don't wanna lose the spare tire.

baggedlvintegra
11-16-12, 11:10 PM
Yeah losing the spare tire is kind of a bummer but (knock on wood) in all the vehicles I've ever had I've never been in a situation where I actually needed to use it. My last vehicle (1 ton diesel truck lifted 10"s) couldnt even use a spare period, the suspension and wheel offsets were all custom and stock wheels wouldnt fit even if I had them so I'm kind of used to it. The biggest suprise to me is that Cadillac is even selling vehicles with no spare tire from the factory! That just blows my mind. They come with a portable air compressor deal but that does you absolutely NO GOOD when you have a blowout or major air leak.

MrHolland
11-16-12, 11:38 PM
In a car such as this, don't fret,,,,OnStar will send a tow truck. LOL

BlownEscalade
11-17-12, 12:05 AM
Yeah I do lots of highway driving and don't feel like being stuck middle of nowhere waiting for a tow truck. Used onstar once and it was horrible. Was waiting over 4 hrs for a tow truck. I'd rather change it myself and be on my way.

baggedlvintegra
11-17-12, 05:20 AM
^ exactly! If I traveled long trips often there is no way I would have done the mod, but I never have a normal commute over 10 miles so I think I'm safe :)

texas1
11-22-12, 05:13 AM
good pics of the mod would love to see some pics of the headlights at night

baggedlvintegra
11-22-12, 12:27 PM
good pics of the mod would love to see some pics of the headlights at night

The Platinum LED headlights or my 6k matching combo?

texas1
11-28-12, 05:39 AM
6k matching combo thanks

baggedlvintegra
11-28-12, 09:32 AM
here is the only pic I have on my comp, it's with the old front end but all the same lights....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/NightPicFish-Eye.jpg

texas1
11-29-12, 04:18 AM
could you pls tell me what set up you have and where i can buy them at looks nice:worship:

Dfost
06-03-13, 02:06 AM
How did you correct issue with the hood having a rather large space between hood in the grill?? 112977

BMD88
06-17-13, 09:53 PM
It was mentioned that the radiator shroud was not needed.. However are the bumper absorbers needed with the fender liners?? My bumper is being shipped but its just the bumper not the full assembly I would like everything here so that I can just install when it gets here. Thanks from a newbie

baggedlvintegra
06-19-13, 09:31 AM
Radiator Shroud - not needed, just trim 2 tabs off the current one and reuse

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_121631.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/baggedLVintegra/media/20121116_121631.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_121705.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/baggedLVintegra/media/20121116_121705.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121116_122059.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/baggedLVintegra/media/20121116_122059.jpg.html)

Absorbers - absolutely needed
Fender Liners - not required but it isn't pretty with the gap between the stock fender liners and the platinum bumper

BMD88
06-20-13, 02:20 PM
Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

Any idea where I can get the absorbers? I've been looking but have only seen something called the 'Center Support' nothing related to the foam itself so far.

----------

baggedlvintegra- you can disregard my question above... I read back through & saw you used the compete bumper w/ grilles.. So I'm going to assume you wouldn't know where to find the absorbers. Thanks though!

bigwill1323704
06-20-13, 10:22 PM

how much was your hood where did you get it

BlownEscalade
06-26-13, 01:09 AM
Hi, hood was $1800 and its a ACS hood

Hemmissey
06-26-13, 02:21 AM
Hi, hood was $1800 and its a ACS hood

Looks bad ass man!! Love it!