: Other fast cars?

V-swagon
11-03-12, 10:34 AM
I have been ready posts and noticed there are several members that own or have owned Grand National or other turbo Buick. How many people on here have a GN?
I'm working on a 85 Regal Limited that I've been converting to an intercooled turbo V6.

larry arizona
11-03-12, 11:57 AM
My old man had an 86GN and I took my drivers exam with that car and cut my teeth on a performance car. Plan to buy an original 86 or 87 GN in the next couple years.

That car has unreal performance for what it was. Got it into the low 11's without much problem.

neuronbob
11-03-12, 12:37 PM
Paging Gary Wells......

V-swagon
11-04-12, 01:59 PM
I think people that had GN's in the past find comfort in modern muscle with the V series line up. I find comparisons in both cars. They are both kind of sleeper cars and something most people wouldn't expect as performance vehicles.
I think they're both awesome cars and have a place in history of automobiles.

WGT31
11-04-12, 02:23 PM
I still have my Syclone I bought new and my Typhoon got it used with 30k miles on it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. People that don't know, don't, if they do it's all shits and giggles. I had a guy ask if he could drool on my Vagon while i put gas in it. Car guys we're everywhere.

larry arizona
11-04-12, 02:55 PM
was just in vegas and there is a very impressive car collection at the Imperial Palace (OMG the hotel is a dump.....anyone who has walked into that place knows what I am talking about) that is worth walking through and its free. They have a 1987 Buick Grand National with less than 1500 miles. Its clearly mint and brought back fond memories of smokey burnouts and banging chicks in the backseat (technically is was the passenger seat fully reclined). What is interesting is how truly bad the factory paint jobs were in the mid to late 80's. I have peeled oranges smoother than that original paint.

MacBuster
11-04-12, 03:59 PM
I'm sure I'm unusual here, but I'm not fan of the Buick GNs. That was part of an extended, and awful period of time for domestic automobiles. Despite impressive dragstrip performance of a GN, the car captures a very nasty time. Mid-80's domestic clunker-mobiles will never be desirable to me.

The Japanese were doing much more interesting things at that time, not to mention the Europeans.