: Accessory Mode Help!

BooYaKa
11-02-12, 02:26 PM
I recently traded in my '09 sedan for a '13 coupe and one thing I can't figure out is how to keep my car in accessory mode for more than 5 mins. My '09 would stay in Acc. mode until the battery was low. It's just annoying having the dome lights kick on every few minutes at night. Any ideas guys?

Trapspeed
11-02-12, 10:34 PM
Dumb question but did you give the "key" the slight turn to Accessory or are you running off the delay buss? My car shows the gear shift indicator lights on when in Accessory.

tedcmiller
11-03-12, 01:15 AM
Trapspeed is probably correct. You certainly haven't been running the 2009 on RAP since that automatically turns off after 10 minutes to keep the battery from running down. The car normally puts a message in the DIC saying to "Turn accessory mode off" if you leave accessory mode active when "turning the car off," but the car will stay in accessory mode until you exit the mode or the battery runs down..

BooYaKa
11-03-12, 12:59 PM
On the 2009 I would turn the key so the DIC would read "Accessory mode". I could stay there as long is I'd like with out any lights coming on or anything and there definitely wouldn't get a 10 minute limit.

tedcmiller
11-04-12, 04:21 PM
Right. RAP (Retained Accessory Power) is activated only when the ignition switch is turned completely off (past accessory mode) and there is a 10 minute time limit. If the ignition switch is turned to the accessory position, two messages should appear in the DIC and there is no time limit. I have a 2009 CTS-V, and my wife has a 2013 CTS-V Coupe.