: navigation direction issue

wagon217
11-02-12, 10:20 AM
First time poster...first time problem. In our 2 week old 2012 SRX Luxury we have a digital speedometer and a navigation direction indicator. Yesterday the compass was changing direction while traveling in the same direction. I was traveling north and the compass would change to SW to S to N to NE to E and so on. Stopped by my dealer and talked to service rep. and they have not encountered this issue before. I did learn that to restart the computer you stop the engine, open the driver door as this starts a new cycle. Then restart the engine. After a couple time of doing that the compass starting playing nice again. Wondering if anyone else has had this type of ghosting problem?:hmm:

algiorda
11-02-12, 10:42 PM
I have a 2010 and have not had this problem with the compass, but I experienced the same issue with my Check Engine light and a "Check Stabilitrack" message on my DIC, and I couldn't get my shifter out of park. I had to recycle by turning off the vehicle and then opening the door and that cleared the shifter and the DIC, but not the check engine light. That cleared after a full day of cycling of Leave for work, arrive at work, park at home and leave for work. After that cycle, my check engine light went out and the entire car has been flawless!!???

Strange behavior for sure, but I'm pretty please the SRX is "Self Healing" LOL.

Best of luck with your new X.

wagon217
11-09-12, 07:37 PM
Thanks Algiorda for the input. Guess my issue was a simple glitch as since recycling the system the problem has not reoccurred.