: Remote start-entry/Key Fob issues

Cruizing
11-02-12, 08:10 AM
Anyone else had any issues with this?
I have a 2011 SRX and twice now I have had a problem. First time I put my purse in the car keys and all and it locked the doors! Replaced the batteries in both fobs, this week it did it to me again!!!! This time couldn't detect remote so the dealership had it towed. They tell me both batteries were low..hard to buy that! And that my iPhone charger (not plugged in-in the center console) could interfere with the signal. That's the explanation?

Also, they tell me in the 2011's that to start ignition without an active Fob to place the Fob at the bottom of the same center console but when we tried, it was hit and miss. Took moving the Fob around to make the 'connection'.
Seems a little vague to me...

Anyone?:sneaky:

swgyoooo
11-06-12, 03:38 PM
There is a very specific cradle in the center console that you need to place the fob in if the signal is weak. By placing the fob correctly in the cradle, the fob is closest to the module that picks up its signal, and you should be able to start the car.

As far as the iphone cord interferance, I have never heard of that??

inspectorudy
11-06-12, 05:28 PM
My wife left her purse in the rear compartment after she loaded it up and closed it. She called me and begged me to come and bring her the other remote. I said call the OnStar number just behind the driver's side mirror and they would open it. She did and then OnStar called me and told me that she was on her way home! I still think they need a key slot somewhere to make up for a dead battery in the FOB. Anyway, if you have OnStar you will never be locked out. On the other hand there is the OnStar story about a call from a blonde that was locked INSIDE her car and could they help her get out! The nice man asked her if she saw the big chrome handle on the door just below her left elbow. She said yes and he said lift it. She screamed and said "OMG, it worked"!Have a nice day.

coates2241
08-27-14, 07:41 PM
Bought SRX 2011 with only one fob. Car worked fine until I bought a second Fob, after having it programmed at the dealership. Came home and 6
hours later the car wouldn't start. Had to get the car jumped and let run in garage for an hour. Next morning no start! Jumped car again and take it back to dealership. Prior to the new Fob the car started fine. I'm told that my car now has a parasitic drain on the battery. I am waiting to hear the results on tomorrow. Could the parasitic drain be the newly programmed Fob that's range is reaching from the inside of the house to the garage? I keep the Fob in the same location before I had this problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-27-14, 07:57 PM
Hi coates2241,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this parasitic drain and resulting no start issue. I’m glad that you’re currently working with the dealership toward a resolution of this concern. Please keep us posted on what the dealer has to say and feel free to PM me should you want any additional assistance.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain
08-29-14, 06:12 PM
No the car can't reach to the house, unless your fob is within three meters of the center of the vehicle. Then it's possible.
It still won't create a parasitic drain though. The vehicle asks for the key verification only when a handle is pulled/ pressed.