: Quick question need some help please

aklann13
11-02-12, 12:05 AM
I have a 2000 cadillac catera my abs light and traction control light along with the check engine light are all on. My speedometer and odometer are not working. I am pretty sure the problem is my EBTCM is faulty. I know the site module masters will repair it for about 160 if i mail it in but i was just wondering if the car would still be drive-able with the module out of the car, and if the module were removed from the car would the speedometer and odometer work again??

investor74
11-02-12, 06:46 AM
The speedometer and odometer will not work with the module out of the car, but the car should be driveable.

Have you checked fuse #19? under the steering wheel? Worth a shot before you remove the EBTCM.

elvin315
11-03-12, 02:45 AM
The EBTCM sits on the ABS pump which has the hydraulic lines. The brakes aren't affected other than the ABS feature. My 2001 Catera Sport had the same problem and Module Masters fixed it PDQ.

aklann13
11-03-12, 02:56 PM
yeah i checked fuse 19 and it looked good, I changed it with a new one just to make sure and i still have the same problem. Seems like im going to have to send in my EBTCM. Thanks a bunch for your help guys.