: help, right rear corner squeek 2009 v sedan

squackatu
11-01-12, 09:38 PM
Folk,

Hope you guys can help. I've taken my v to the dealership about 8 times and they have changed all of the joint and connectors for the strut and tower and I still get a bad squeek when driving. Anyone else have this problem?

It sounds like a mouse is being slowly beaten to death.

Thanks for the help

Chris
Horific

ClarkkentCTSV
11-01-12, 10:25 PM
Tell the fat chick to sit behind you instead of on the passenger side.

baabootoo
11-01-12, 10:39 PM
There isn't any strut or tower in the rear, just a spring between the control arms with a separate shock. I'd check where the springs sit at the top and bottom. They should have a rubber donut on the top. Spray some lube around the bottom of the spring and see if it goes away.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-03-12, 01:15 PM
Squackatu, I realize you're seeking DIY help from owners after going to the dealer several times, so I just wanted to let you know I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you'd ever like me to follow up with your dealer for you and/or document your feedback. I'm very sorry you've returned to the dealer so often; I can definitely appreciate how that would be an inconvenience!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

2012 CTS-V
11-05-12, 11:32 AM
When I go over speed bumps I get squeaks from all four corners. No problem while Im drving though, anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming something needs to be lubed.

RapidRob
11-05-12, 05:24 PM
- ^^^ - No noises from my suspension at all. Only noise is minor creaking from the UV when going over enclines at an angle. Very minor though - so much so that I don't want the dealer to even attempt to fix it ...

Rob