: Pics of Glacier Blue Metallic and the black grille

Xaqtly
11-01-12, 02:33 PM
I was at the dealer this morning for an oil change, saw these on the lot. This is the glacier blue metallic color:

The there were two black V sedans, Identical except one had the standard chrome grille, and the other had the new optional black grille.

Chrome:

Black:

Here's an animated gif I made that swaps them back and forth:

aussietx
11-01-12, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know how much the black grille is and can you buy it as a replacement?
Thanks

Me Wanna A V
11-01-12, 02:56 PM
I'm diggin' that Glacier Blue!!!!!!!

daowens
11-01-12, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know how much the black grille is and can you buy it as a replacement?
Thanks

I think it's around $700. If you want a black grille, just buy a $5 can of PlastiDip.

neuronbob
11-01-12, 03:15 PM
MSRP is $870. I know because I was thinking about adding it to my V wagon build.

dennych
11-01-12, 04:01 PM
I think it's around $700. If you want a black grille, just buy a $5 can of PlastiDip.

Was thinking the same thing. Do you have to remove the grill to plastidip it? I'm going to leave the chrome trim portion and only blacken the grill

nm looks like you can do it as long as you remove the top plastic and cardboard the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTANFMXk5ls&feature=plcp

judging from what other people say though, the plastidip doesn't hold up over the long term and you will have to re-apply.

M5eater
11-01-12, 06:36 PM
I just don't get it. remove the damn front fascia.

Don't bother masking off the emblem.

You're going to take longer than I would removing the fascia and do a worse job than I can trying to tape it off and cardboard the back.

This is one of the easiest fascia pulls I've ever done

It's litertally 2 10mm bolts underneath the fender liners, ~ 12 plastic push rivets for the air dam, 2 10mm bolts up top and 2 more plastic rivets.
Disconnect the fog lamp plugs, and let the wiper washer fluid.

larry arizona
11-01-12, 07:28 PM
I would prefer the black chrome over plastidip. Due to the Black chrome rims I have. Would love to find a PVD supplier to do my stock grill in black chrome.