: passenger side rearview mirror won't hold position

PeteKT
11-01-12, 02:21 PM
anyone else had this issue, anytime i turn the car on the passanger side rearview mirror is either all the way in or all the way out and if i hit the number 1 for my settings it fixes it, but its moving when i turn the car off and back on.

kazza93203
11-01-12, 10:18 PM
anyone else had this issue, anytime i turn the car on the passanger side rearview mirror is either all the way in or all the way out and if i hit the number 1 for my settings it fixes it, but its moving when i turn the car off and back on.

Are you using the same remote to lock and unlock the vehicle? Number 1 number 2? Maybe using number 1 remote which triggers memory 1. Or vise versa. Or easy exit memory function is probably setting your mirrors to different spots.

PeteKT
11-02-12, 01:10 PM
I only use one remote, the other has been put in a drawer since i bought the truck. its a 2008 EXT i havent seen any settings for Exit seating, and this is onoly happenening when its cold out, when we had warm weather last week it wasnt happening. if i push the number one the passanger mirror goes to the right position everything else is right when i enter the truck.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-03-12, 12:50 PM
Pete, I'm really sorry this has been frustrating you! Have you already tried resetting your power foldaway mirrors using the directions on page 2-52 of your owners manual?

I'd recommend visiting a dealer for service, and if you'd like any assistance along the way, please let me know! I'm reachable via private message anytime!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-03-12, 05:20 PM
I have this same issue with my driver's side mirror and created a thread on it a way back, the dealer told me it may be "losing it's programming", essentially a defective module.

PeteKT
11-05-12, 04:12 PM
its not the folding part of the mirror Katie, its the mirror it self wont hold its position, if i push the 1 setting it goes back to normal but when the car turns on its all the way inward.

chakde
11-07-12, 10:21 PM
I had this happen on my 2012 where after washing I was wiping my passenger side mirror and pushed it down by accident, for some reason I could then move from the switch and store it in memory it would keep tilting down at restart. I tried it again and again and on restart or on push of the memory button face downwards again, so I manually pushed the mirror with hand to my liking an (angle) and now it is holding fine. It changes fine to the other memory setting and back to mine, maybe something similar happened to yours. Give it a try and see if it helps.

PeteKT
11-08-12, 04:50 PM
could of been after the car wash i got, ill try that

harsedon1
06-09-14, 04:23 AM
i never faced this kind of problem, maybe problem can be in your side mirror and also you can do one thing side mirror setting you should manually instead to remote.

West Bloomfield Township MI Locksmith (http://www.WestBloomfieldTownshipMILocksmith.com)