: 03 Escalade starts and dies - after 30 minutes started fine

beargriz1
11-01-12, 01:20 PM
We purchased a used 03 Escalade EXT with a bunch of aftermarket stereo equipment about 5 months ago. The original radio is 'in-line' with the equipment as well. A local stereo shop said the radio is part of the security system. We replaced the battery the day after we got the truck.

Yesterday my husband drove the truck all day without problems. When he returned home last night, he parked crooked in the driveway to move another car out of the way. After a couple minutes I went to the truck and it started then died. We attempted to start it about 10 times but it wouldn't stay started. :( We left the vehicle for about 30 minutes and when we returned to it, it started and stayed started.

Any suggestions on what is causing this? Full tank of gas added about 3 days earlier. Would the PCM have codes stored for this issue?

Side note: some punched a hole in our door under the lock about 4 weeks ago. Nothing was stolen from the vehicle so we thought it was a failed attempt at a theft. Could this have affected the security system?99403

the cadillac man
11-01-12, 02:11 PM
We purchased a used 03 Escalade EXT with a bunch of aftermarket stereo equipment about 5 months ago. The original radio is 'in-line' with the equipment as well. A local stereo shop said the radio is part of the security system. We replaced the battery the day after we got the truck.

Yesterday my husband drove the truck all day without problems. When he returned home last night, he parked crooked in the driveway to move another car out of the way. After a couple minutes I went to the truck and it started then died. We attempted to start it about 10 times but it wouldn't stay started. :( We left the vehicle for about 30 minutes and when we returned to it, it started and stayed started.

Any suggestions on what is causing this? Full tank of gas added about 3 days earlier. Would the PCM have codes stored for this issue?

Sounds like the fuel pump is failing I know I had it happen to me with it doing very similar to yours mine acted up and was make the truck almost die so I limped home(25mph) and when I got almost home the pump started working

Two days later (I had a appointment booked at my dealer to replace the pump) It started fine and I only got about miles from the highway on my road and the pump craps out completely had to get a tow truck to get to the dealer

FYI who told the radio is tied into the alarm isn't the sharpest tool in the box.