: Modern Cadillac

ben72227
12-18-04, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you all thought about Cadillac now that its being "modernized" with the Sigma platforms, etc. vs. staying old and traditional (like Lincoln)

Msilva954
12-18-04, 06:57 PM
I put other because I think the biggest thing that GM ever did for Cadillac that brought younger buyers was donate the Chevy Tahoe platform....

Besides that brand identity mistake I think they are going to do a better job bringing in younger buyers then say lincoln....

But down the road I think I could see my self in an AWD Zephyr w the 270hp V6....or an AWD TownCar......more than I could see myself in a CTS/Deville/STS in their current states..

DaveSmed
12-18-04, 07:56 PM
The introduction of the V-Series.... By far....

Sandy
12-18-04, 08:17 PM
You guys don't notice the biggest conquest. They were able to reach out and add new & youthful buyers/owners while at the same time holding onto 60+ aged buyers! I see many older peoplr driving 03 Sevilles & 03-04 deVilles and have also seen a few in the STX.

I see some younger people in Lincoln LS cars and many 47-57 (my group, I guess) in Town Cars. What Lincoln needs now is a car for the under 40 group, a la Audi A4, CTS, BMW 3-Series, etc, etc. and, like Cadillac, about a billion dollars worth of advertising and promotion and all that jazz.

Jaguar tried it - trying to woo African Americans into S-Types - like 2 years ago, and spent tons of money, in the right places, yet, I see almost no results! I also see one heck of alot of former Cadillac owners in Jag XJ & S-Types.

majax
12-19-04, 02:09 AM
The rap artists helped a lot!

Jesda
12-19-04, 05:41 AM
Escalade and CTS did the trick. But the XLR will finally reel in the elite.

Katshot
12-19-04, 07:06 AM
I think sometimes things just happen that nobody figured on. IMO, that was the case with the Escalade. Cadillac never intended it to be anything more than a stop-gap solution and what do you know, it put them on the radar screen of the younger crowd by being a surprise hit with the MTV crowd. It's the only vehicle in the Cadillac line that's NOT really a Cadillac, and it's the one vehicle that they put almost no money or thought into. I think between the Escalade and the CTS (especially the "V") Cadillac managed a 1-2 punch that actually worked. If they play their cards right, they actually might hit the heights they reached years ago with a whole new generation.