: POST SANDY: No Boost, Car Bucking

Bubba Ho-Tep
10-31-12, 07:29 PM
Took the V for a drive for the first time today- since Hurricane Sandy hit us. Any time I put my foot into the gas (which would put me in boost) the car would buck/shake and not make any boost. Oddly- no check engine light, and if I drove it smoothly & slowly you would never know there was a problem- it idled fine.

Parked it at the gym, and on my way home it was doing it again but not quite as bad. A bit more driving and it smoothed out and now drives fine. What could it have been? I'm assuming it was moisture related as the only thing different was it sat outside during heavy rain-fall and wind. Unfortunately our garage isn't finished being built yet. :crybaby:

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance everyone!

1997BlackETC
10-31-12, 07:41 PM
Maybe a little debris had blown into the mass air flow sensor and then came out? That's all I can think of.

Jayfrigginjones
10-31-12, 07:51 PM
Water in fuel?

Soggy air filter?

Trapspeed
10-31-12, 10:57 PM
Did the car take on any flood water at all? I'm definitely siding with the "water got into the intake tract" theory. Just curious.

Bubba Ho-Tep
10-31-12, 11:09 PM
Hey guys- first of all thanks for taking the time to even speculate what happened. Figures- "I" end up with the odd-ball un-diagnosable issue. lol To answer your questions- I didn't drive it at all when it was raining and/or through any puddles. Thankfully where I am (South Jersey) didn't flood at all.

It has just over 800 miles on the odo and the only mod I have done (other than Eibachs) is a AirRaid intake. The only other time I experienced anything that felt like this was when I had a bad coil pack on a car years ago. Early in the mornings when it was moist and dewy out it would act like that. Btw, I just took it out for a ride again tonight just to confirm it isn't doing it again- and, thankfully, it didn't. I'll have to see how it fairs in the morning as there will be more moisture with the early dew and all.

Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely- could just be coincidental. May not be moisture related at all. The fuel was low but not on E. Though- it was already driving normal again before I filled back up.

Regardless- loving this car to death, and looking forward to the rain-date for the local Caddy Meet & Greet at Englishtown!

M5eater
11-01-12, 10:23 AM
I'd take it to the dealer and have them Tech-II the vehicle.

Just because there is no CEL does not mean the vehicle doesn't have DTC's.

baabootoo
11-01-12, 10:52 AM
I'm going to go with an iced MAF sensor......

The Tony Show
11-01-12, 10:54 AM
Yeah, either a MAF issue or perhaps belt slip under WOT.

JoshV
11-01-12, 01:45 PM
I had the same issue on my truck. I had a K&N kit on it. When it got below freezing the MAF would freeze up and cause the truck to go into limp mode. The extra moisture in the air probably doesn't help. Not sure if this was your problem but just sharing my past experience.

Trapspeed
11-01-12, 10:12 PM
Is the Airraid tube clamped down correctly? It hasn't come partially off, has it?

Bubba Ho-Tep
11-01-12, 11:29 PM
It appeared to be all sealed up. I'll take the lid off and check the intake side. Today, on the other hand I was greeted by a "low oil message" at start-up. Was about a qt low. Only 900 miles on her so far. Wonder if the "low factory fluids on Vs" includes oil. Time to read through ALL the pages of the sticky!

mannyz
11-02-12, 03:45 AM
Yes please check the oil levels regularly! Some have had bad experiences with oil disappearing. Count your blessings that you actually got a DIC warning. As far as the bucking, its likely to do with the intake system. Mine did a bucking/hesitation this morning under mild acceleration in 39* weather. This was right before it got warm and into operating temps. After that, it was fine...probably the MAF being finicky.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-02-12, 02:13 PM
Bubba Ho-Tep,

We're glad to hear that you made it through the storm okay. If we can look into anything specifically on your vehicle, please don't hesitate to send any inquiries our way either via private message or email (include the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Bubba Ho-Tep
11-02-12, 05:06 PM
Thank you!

----------

Yes please check the oil levels regularly! Some have had bad experiences with oil disappearing. Count your blessings that you actually got a DIC warning. As far as the bucking, its likely to do with the intake system. Mine did a bucking/hesitation this morning under mild acceleration in 39* weather. This was right before it got warm and into operating temps. After that, it was fine...probably the MAF being finicky.

This doesn't necessarily mean this car is going to burn oil does it? I hope not!

RapidRob
11-02-12, 06:05 PM
^^^ Back in 09, a few V2 owners were losing oil due to leaks, and/or, factory fill goofs, etc. In my case it was a defective pan gasket causing my oil to disappear. Fixed under warranty - no probs since.

Rob

Trapspeed
11-02-12, 09:31 PM
^^^ Back in 09, a few V2 owners were losing oil due to leaks, and/or, factory fill goofs, etc. In my case it was a defective pan gasket causing my oil to disapperar. Fixed under warranty - no probs since.

Rob

Same with me. Replacement gasket fixed it.

Bubba Ho-Tep
11-02-12, 10:24 PM
Mine is a '12. So here's hoping that it was a quirk from the factory (i.e. not enough fluid). Thank you everyone.

curvedinfinity
11-04-12, 08:32 AM
My first thought is a slipping belt

thebigjimsho
11-05-12, 08:05 PM
Maybe a little debris had blown into the mass air flow sensor and then came out? That's all I can think of.

I'm going to go with an iced MAF sensor......I had those issues with my old SHO and its MAF way back. Dry and fine. If it doesn't come back anytime soon, I'd forget about it...