: Long time Catera owner about to be Catera-less

ondale
10-31-12, 04:35 PM
I owned a 97' and presently my 2001 Catera Sport. I've been to a Catera meet-up with CateraMV6, bought the wheels that he showed me from the Saturn Astra XR. But I'm about to buy a new SRX and the dealer insulted me with a low trade in, so I've listed the car in the Classified sections. I have the stock Catera Sport Wheels in storage, but the 18" Astra XR wheels are on the vehicle now, I'd consider selling those separately to a loyal Catera forum member. I've learned alot from everyone here Elvin, CateraMV6 Blizzard,etc. Best source of repair information for the Catera period. Thanks for all of your assistance through the years in helping keep my car running.

Here is link to more pictures from PhotoBucket:
http://s960.beta.photobucket.com/user/ondale/library/Catera%20Sport

Chobes13
10-31-12, 04:59 PM
How much do you want for those mv6 rims? I'm interested.

elvin315
10-31-12, 08:01 PM
How much do you want for those mv6 rims? I'm interested.

by MV6 rims do you mean the fat spoked Catera Sport rims? the ones pictured are from the Saturn/Vauxhall Astra.

investor74
10-31-12, 08:07 PM
Ondale, may I ask what low ball the dealer gave you? I'm getting itchy to buy an ATS and may have to go through that torture myself soon. Thanks.

ondale
11-01-12, 09:25 AM
Ondale, may I ask what low ball the dealer gave you? I'm getting itchy to buy an ATS and may have to go through that torture myself soon. Thanks.
They offered me a paltry $1,500. they tried to support that value with a print out of what the recent auctions brought in. I stated how can you compare the condition of the 4 Catera's that sold at local auctions to my vehicle. The trade-in report stated "Mushy brakes", a "Rubbing sound in the back wheel well" and an insane "The car's transmission doesn't pull as well when not in the Sport Mode", I looked at him as said "really?, Have you ever driven a Catera, how you can make that assessment. Of course the Catera will hold the gear longer in the Sport Mode over regular mode"

ondale
11-01-12, 09:35 AM
Back in the day, MV6 had those identical Saturn Astra XR rims on his ride. I haven't seen a recent picture, so not sure if he went back to those fat spoke the stock wheel. The attached photo is my car when I had the fat spoked stock 17" wheels. I found my current Saturn Astra XR wheels on ebay several years ago and had them refinished. They still have the Saturn center cap, I had thought about buying the Vauxhall center caps, but they were pricey with shipping from Europe.