: TV Request - Owners Wanted...

OliverG
10-31-12, 11:43 AM
Hello,

I work for documentary production company NERD TV (www.nerdsite.co.uk). We're making a television series for a US network about people with large, interesting collections of vehicles. This mostly means cars, but we'd love to speak to people interested in bikes, trucks and even aircraft too. The important thing is that the collections cannot be entirely comprised of gleaming, pristine museum pieces.

An ideal candidate would be someone with a couple of roadworthy vehicles and a few other projects that are in various stages of completion (the messier the better). They could be unfinished projects, once-loved specimens that have fallen into disrepair, or just rusty shells in a barn. The more the better (upwards of 10 ideally).

Do you, or someone you know, fit the bill?

At this point, we're just trying to speak to people - nothing will be broadcast. The idea of the show is for our restoration team to help bring fading collections back to their best. This could be a chance for people to finally complete projects that have been on-the-go for
years and may even add significant value. If you're even a little curious, please email me at oliver@nerdsite.co.uk.

Many thanks.

talismandave
11-01-12, 12:11 AM
...so you are saying I need to go buy ten more to get this car done? How long do I have to get them? :lol:

jayoldschool
11-02-12, 10:56 AM
My last count was nine. No planes, trains or tanks, though...

talismandave
11-02-12, 11:43 AM
My last count was nine. No planes, trains or tanks, though...

Jay, send me your address and #10 will be on it's way!:D

:bulb: Hey, there we go, we can all form regional locations to gather our projects into "collections"! :thumbsup:

STS_Seville_Hunter
11-02-12, 06:37 PM
Too bad I jus got rid of three cars!

The-Dullahan
11-02-12, 11:26 PM
Too bad I no longer have any standing projects. The Pontiac would have been prime material back in '09. Counting both trucks and the bike, I have nine. Quick, someone lend me some rusty derelicts.

In fact, my Grandfather's a good choice. He could have been even better a few years back. He had over 200 cars on his property when I was twelve.

talismandave
11-03-12, 01:13 AM
Too bad I no longer have any standing projects. The Pontiac would have been prime material back in '09. Counting both trucks and the bike, I have nine. Quick, someone lend me some rusty derelicts.

In fact, my Grandfather's a good choice. He could have been even better a few years back. He had over 200 cars on his property when I was twelve.

...well the shipping would be less to FL than to Jay's house....

CadillacLuke24
11-03-12, 02:37 AM
Too bad I no longer have any standing projects. The Pontiac would have been prime material back in '09. Counting both trucks and the bike, I have nine. Quick, someone lend me some rusty derelicts.In fact, my Grandfather's a good choice. He could have been even better a few years back. He had over 200 cars on his property when I was twelve.

From what I saw in the derelict pic thread, you could go pull one home with the Mack!

The-Dullahan
11-03-12, 11:39 AM
^It's genius!

Yeah, it's funny. Those things are all on the side of the road, just behind the treeline. I am doubtful many people know they are even there, so no one would notice they were missing (besides, I doubt a single one has an owner)

The day I start my Rat Rod project, I will be taking parts from them.

talismandave
03-20-13, 02:21 AM
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/03/19/tv-show-on-languishing-collections-given-go-ahead-still-looking-for-collectors/?refer=news