: Possible glitch when trying to "Mark This Forum Read"

AAIIIC
10-30-12, 08:56 PM
In the 3 2004-2007 CTS-V forums (General, Performance, and Appearance), I can go up to the top of the forum list, click on "Cadillac Forum Tools", then click "Mark This Forum Read", and it has the desired effect. Namely, the drop-down menu disappears and all the threads in that forum are marked as read.

However, that does not work if I go to the CTS First Generation Forum - 2003-2007. When I click on "Cadillac Forum Tools", the drop-down menu appears, but when I click on "Mark This Forum Read", nothing happens. The threads aren't marked as read, and the drop-down menu does not disappear. If I right click on "Mark This Forum Read" and select "Open in a New Tab/Window", I jump to this page - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-coupe-sport-sedan-sport/. I can see from the icon that using that technique that does, in fact, mark all the threads in the CTS First Generation Forum as read. However, it doesn't seem that should be necessary based on how the V forums work and how the same functionality works on other sites.

(Of course, on other sites I don't have to do this at all; the site just knows what threads are new since the last time I visited and displays the forum correctly without my having to take extra steps. But that's another issue... :rolleyes:)

The issue above is the same in Firefox, IE 9, and IE 7 (antiquated Navy computers at work). I've only fiddled around with the 1st gen CTS and CTS-V forums, so I don't know if there are any others that behave the same way. Does the CTS First Generation Forum behave the same way for others?

JimmyH
11-05-12, 12:56 PM
This forum correctly keeps track of what threads/posts I have read. You might try clearing your cache and deleting cookies for cadillacforums.com and see if that helps.

AAIIIC
11-06-12, 02:37 PM
Any thoughts on the glitch this thread was started to report? Does the same thing happen for you? I tried a couple other sub-forums with mixed results. I was able to "mark all read" in the 2008+ CTS General Discussion forum and the ATS-V forum. I was not able to do so in either of the SRX forums or the '96-04 Escalade forum.

This forum correctly keeps track of what threads/posts I have read. You might try clearing your cache and deleting cookies for cadillacforums.com and see if that helps.
I don't see how it could be a cache / cookies problem, as this forum has behaved this way as long as I've been using it. That includes multiple computers, including desktops at 4 different duty stations (HI, WA, DC, VA), each of which would have had a clear cache and no cookies when I began using them. I initially discussed it (and provided a screen capture example) in this post a couple years ago (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions-site/210073-colors-forum-post2358159.html#post2358159). I visit 4 other vBulletin forums daily, none of which have the same issue, so it doesn't seem like it would be a browser setting issue on my end.

JimmyH
11-06-12, 06:04 PM
Then it must be a problem with your account in particular. i am not sure what is to be done about it as I don't have that problem. And I assume no one else really does either or I imagine at least some of them would be complaining about it.

----------

"mark this forum read" is not working for me either. I will let admin know.

AAIIIC
11-29-12, 08:18 AM
Then it must be a problem with your account in particular. i am not sure what is to be done about it as I don't have that problem. And I assume no one else really does either or I imagine at least some of them would be complaining about it.
Based on the low level of posts in this feedback forum, I think that's a poor assumption to make. The only reason I knew the "Mark Forum Read" option was available was because someone else in the thread I linked (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions-site/210073-colors-forum-post2358510.html#post2358510) said that's what you had to do to reset the forum each time you visited.

"mark this forum read" is not working for me either. I will let admin know.
Any progress on this?

JimmyH
12-10-12, 01:23 PM
Sub, I brought this to Mo's attention and he said he would look into it. But so far, nada.

admin
12-10-12, 03:36 PM
Hey,

We are still looking into this. This doesn't seem to be an issue with all users, but I will get back to you asap on this issue.

Mo

JimmyH
12-10-12, 03:46 PM
thanks mo