: Why is that police officer following me?

Ttotheroy
10-30-12, 04:04 PM
Went on a road trip to Port Clinton, Ohio this past weekend. Driving down the lake shore Sunday afternoon a cop passes us going the other way. A minute later he's behind me one lane over, I hadn't been doing anything illegal but still had that 'oh crap this guys following me vibe'. I turn into KFC's drive through to pick up some food to bring back to the hotel. As we're ordering I see him at the back of the lot checking me out 'now I'm getting more nervous'. While I'm at the pickup window he pulls next to me & signals for me to lower my window.
He has a big grin on his face as he says "I gotta know, did you get the manual?"
"Sure did" I reply.
He say's "That is the coolest car you can get nowadays, you have great taste".
I thanked him, picked up my chicken & was on my way, feeling pretty darn good.

smackdownCTSV
10-30-12, 04:19 PM
Just wait until after you eat that chicken.

larry arizona
10-30-12, 06:27 PM
I am even more impressed that an Ohio cop was cool to you having Michigan plates especially during football season........

Brian in GA
10-30-12, 08:40 PM
Ha HA! I love it! I had 2 motorcycle cops call out the owner of "This car" mine of course, while I was eating lunch outside of a park and eat style restaurant. He told me I was speeding to which I answered "not today I wasn't"!! They came over and ate with me at my table, we traded stories. They ended up being very cool. Can't have enough friends in blue when you drive a V.

Brian

V locity
10-30-12, 09:36 PM
Did you get some corn bread with that chicken?

cvs
11-08-12, 06:55 PM
I am even more impressed that an Ohio cop was cool to you having Michigan plates especially during football season........

Amen. I now have two tickets from our friends down in Ohio. Both on open road with no traffic and they made me pay with a credit card right there on the side of the road.

larry arizona
11-08-12, 07:17 PM
CVS, why have I not seen your OB wagon? I work in Auburn Hills and live in Oxford........

Ohio po-po are the worst.

RapidRob
11-08-12, 09:51 PM
^^^ - Mods - we have yet another BOT/spammer!

Rob

IBMike
11-09-12, 12:45 AM
^^^ - Mods - we have yet another BOT/spammer!

Rob

That's not a very nice thing to say about Larry! :sneaky:

larry arizona
11-09-12, 06:33 AM
:histeric:

cvs
11-09-12, 11:34 AM
CVS, why have I not seen your OB wagon? I work in Auburn Hills and live in Oxford........

Ohio po-po are the worst.

Good question; not too many OB wagons even here in GM land. I live in Auburn Hills and spend a lot of time in Northern Oakland County. We should meet for lunch some time.

larry arizona
11-09-12, 12:26 PM
Better hurry up, The V is going to sleep once this decent weather turns for the worse.

RapidRob
11-09-12, 05:31 PM
That's not a very nice thing to say about Larry! :sneaky:

LOL! Yup - mods shoulda probably deleted my reference post to the BOT as well, as it's no longer relevant once the spam is gone.

Rob