: 01 catera frequent use of 'S' button

Chobes13
10-30-12, 02:09 PM
Would frequent use of the sport button affect the transmission? The last few days my car key wouldn't come out of the ignition. The shifter can also be pulled into reverse, neutral, and drive all while the car is turned off. Luckily, the car is under warranty and it's going back to the dealer today. this is for future reference because I love my catera!

MoistCabbage
10-30-12, 03:42 PM
Your problem has to do with the ignition lock cylinder, and/or the shift interlock. Nothing to do with the transmission itself, and no, using the S button won't effect the transmission.

Chobes13
10-30-12, 05:33 PM
Your problem has to do with the ignition lock cylinder, and/or the shift interlock. Nothing to do with the transmission itself, and no, using the S button effect the transmission. it turns out I had a blown head gasket! They said they were 99% sure. It will take them approx. 1 week and its all covered by my warranty. They said I put the key in wrong too :confused:. Thanks for the reply!

MoistCabbage
10-31-12, 01:52 AM
Wait, you went in complaining about the key/shifter problem, and they tested for a bad head gasket?!?! AND they're not even sure?!?! Did they perform a block test?

Whatever happens with the gasket/s, tell them to look into the key/shifter problem again. The problem is NOT you not knowing how to use a key.

Chobes13
10-31-12, 12:59 PM
They didn't test anything yet. When I told them what was going on they said they bet I probably blew a head gasket. I'm not exactly sure what kind of tests they are going to do. And I know it's not me not knowing how to use a key. Do you really think they are going to exploit the fact that the key was stuck in there, cadillac emblem facing away from the driver???

MoistCabbage
10-31-12, 02:28 PM
They didn't test anything yet. When I told them what was going on they said they bet I probably blew a head gasket.WOW! They're COMPLETE morons.

Do you really think they are going to exploit the fact that the key was stuck in there, cadillac emblem facing away from the driver???It's a two way key, it works BOTH ways. Again, morons.

Chobes13
10-31-12, 04:29 PM
WOW! They're COMPLETE morons.

It's a two way key, it works BOTH ways. Again, morons.
I was skeptical when they said I blew a gasket. But they took it in, I'll get it back in a couple days. he is a certified mechanic so he knows more than me. We will see what they do...I'm so anxious.

elvin315
10-31-12, 08:05 PM
ask to see the gasket.