: Stabilitrak Problem

bakawaka
10-29-12, 07:30 PM
While at a stoplight my 2011 SRX started idling rough. The check engine light came on and then a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system." Dealer says it's not serious. Any ideas about what this could be? Thanks

SrxNamja
10-29-12, 07:40 PM
Sorry but dealer is not using his brain on Monday. Take it into another caddy dealer service center. The lights are on for a reason and serious or not it should be fixed under warranty on a 2011

VHA
10-30-12, 03:31 PM
Whenever a warning light comes on, make an appointment and have it looked at. Never let a dealer or mechanic convince you "it's not serious" without even checking it out...

halp
10-30-12, 08:23 PM
If the service stabilitrak light is on then Stabilitrak probably is not engaged and will not function if needed. This could put you in danger. Get it fixed ASAP.

doyall
11-05-12, 12:23 PM
What about if the "service stabilitrac system" light appears one day and then doesn't appear the next?

kiboater
11-05-12, 02:36 PM
What ever condition caused the light to come on, has gone away. You can take it in and the dealer can read the exact code but it will be difficult to fix because it is giving good readings now. Personally I would wait to see if it happens again before taking it in for service.

SrxNamja
11-05-12, 07:35 PM
What ever condition caused the light to come on, has gone away. You can take it in and the dealer can read the exact code but it will be difficult to fix because it is giving good readings now. Personally I would wait to see if it happens again before taking it in for service.

I would have him take it in regardless. i remember the same thing can happen with check engine lights so it could still pull up an error code during diagnostics. If you live in a snow region then definitely consider getting it in before someething goes faulty during rain or snow.

westham
01-15-16, 10:55 AM
My stabilitrak and ABC lights came on yesterday with warning stabilitrak wrench icon service on DIC I stopped and re started the car and the came on a few seconds later only to disappear after about 2 miles of driving. I drove a round trip of approx. 18 miles without any more problems, this morning I drove to work without any warning signs appearing, I have stopped and start the car about 4 times and driven about 20 or so miles, still now warnings. Anyone got any ideas? My car is a 2010 Lux with 61.3K miles.

bigdog9586
01-15-16, 11:47 AM
The stabilitrak is a problem but what bothers me is the rough idle and check engine light. Seems like all here is more interested in the wrong item. I had a check engine about 800 miles from home. Stopped at Caddy dealer and they were busy so they checked oil, cooling system and fan and said drive home and then take it in. Did that. Turned out to be bad timing chain and mechanic said it could have cost you an engine. Get it to dealer.

Boatman1222
01-15-16, 12:33 PM
I read the shop's comment to mean that it's okay to drive the car to get to the shop, not that the lights should be ignored.

The Stabilitrak system has a lot of components and systems that it monitors. On a Buick rendezvous i had, the light would come on intermittently. After checking a loose connection in the wiring harness that didn't fix it, it came down to a wheel speed sensor that was going bad. As I recall, the sensor is part of the hub and isn't serviceable. The whole hub had to be replaced.

The good news- with warning lights on, the dealer can pull codes and at least have a direction to go on.

Maximumkk
01-15-16, 02:16 PM
@westham: I've gotten ABS out, Stabilitrak out, and some others at the same time (not my SRX, previous vehicle). Related to snow blocking/affecting the ABS sensors at one of the wheels. Vehicle was sitting outsite in a windy snowstorm. After a bit of driving it worked itself out, and was fine. Not sure why that would happen in LA.

Max

westham
01-15-16, 04:55 PM
Thanks for everyone's response. I just returned from the dealer: invoice states C0050 5a found debris at wheel speed encoder ring
cleaned off encoder ring clear code c0050 road tested to operating specs. cost me $130.00 for the 1 hour labor but better safe than sorry, they also performed a recall 13322 731 W94 checked the tire pressures and washed the car and I had two cups of latte and a Danish while waiting so all was not lost.:)
Thanks again to everyone who responded.

packardv8
01-16-16, 03:28 PM
The "Service Stabilitrak System" light comes and goes on the wife's 37K mile 2011, as well as often losing one or all the TPS connections. Some days, it's one random wheel, other times driving along, it will lose all four. Dealer can't find a problem and says "Don't worry."

Anyone think there's a connection between the two systems randomly farting codes?

jack vines

adamjeeps
01-16-16, 04:53 PM
The "Service Stabilitrak System" light comes and goes on the wife's 37K mile 2011, as well as often losing one or all the TPS connections. Some days, it's one random wheel, other times driving along, it will lose all four. Dealer can't find a problem and says "Don't worry."

Anyone think there's a connection between the two systems randomly farting codes?

jack vines

Do you have something drawing power from a usb port or cigarette lighter? That can cause interference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

packardv8
01-16-16, 05:21 PM
Do you have something drawing power from a usb port or cigarette lighter? That can cause interference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

No, nothing plugged in most of the time. On road trips we sometimes use a Garmin, but no noticeable relation.

jack vines

Boatman1222
01-17-16, 12:46 PM
My mom's 2012 Performance will occasionally lose one of the TPS modules. Always the same tire. Rotating tires and changing TPS modules doesn;t seem to solve the problem. She just got new tires at Les Schwab, and they think they fixed it.

The dealer is prepared to keep the car and give her a loaner for however long it takes. Unfortunately it's a Chevy / Caddy dealer and she is not impressed with them. She feels like the Cadillac portion of the dealership is almost an afterthought. She has moved 150 miles from where she bought the car, so she may take a road trip to have them look at it if Schwab didn't get it solved. She still loves her car.

adamjeeps
01-17-16, 01:29 PM
All the GM tire pressure sensors work the same. Probably a bad battery in the sensor.