: Stabilitrak Problem

bakawaka
10-29-12, 07:30 PM
While at a stoplight my 2011 SRX started idling rough. The check engine light came on and then a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system." Dealer says it's not serious. Any ideas about what this could be? Thanks

SrxNamja
10-29-12, 07:40 PM
Sorry but dealer is not using his brain on Monday. Take it into another caddy dealer service center. The lights are on for a reason and serious or not it should be fixed under warranty on a 2011

VHA
10-30-12, 03:31 PM
Whenever a warning light comes on, make an appointment and have it looked at. Never let a dealer or mechanic convince you "it's not serious" without even checking it out...

halp
10-30-12, 08:23 PM
If the service stabilitrak light is on then Stabilitrak probably is not engaged and will not function if needed. This could put you in danger. Get it fixed ASAP.

doyall
11-05-12, 12:23 PM
What about if the "service stabilitrac system" light appears one day and then doesn't appear the next?

kiboater
11-05-12, 02:36 PM
What ever condition caused the light to come on, has gone away. You can take it in and the dealer can read the exact code but it will be difficult to fix because it is giving good readings now. Personally I would wait to see if it happens again before taking it in for service.

SrxNamja
11-05-12, 07:35 PM
What ever condition caused the light to come on, has gone away. You can take it in and the dealer can read the exact code but it will be difficult to fix because it is giving good readings now. Personally I would wait to see if it happens again before taking it in for service.

I would have him take it in regardless. i remember the same thing can happen with check engine lights so it could still pull up an error code during diagnostics. If you live in a snow region then definitely consider getting it in before someething goes faulty during rain or snow.