: universal home remote

jackd
10-29-12, 02:37 PM
My wife just purchased an 07 escalade, the universal home remote does not work, when the buttons are pushed there is
no yellow light coming on. I have a dts so I am familiar with how to program etc. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you

MrHolland
10-29-12, 06:19 PM
The owners manual is available for download.

CadX6
10-30-12, 02:28 PM
Cadillac changed vendors for the "universal home remote" transmitters between the early & later build 2007's. They both program differently. The newer version has 3 LED lights above the buttons. The older version has just one LED to the side of the buttons. There was a service bulletin issued since many of the cars delivered around Oct of 2006 (such as my 07) came with the newer version transmitter but the manual only had the old instructions.

hcvone
10-30-12, 06:02 PM
Cadillac changed vendors for the "universal home remote" transmitters between the early & later build 2007's. They both program differently. The newer version has 3 LED lights above the buttons. The older version has just one LED to the side of the buttons. There was a service bulletin issued since many of the cars delivered around Oct of 2006 (such as my 07) came with the newer version transmitter but the manual only had the old instructions.

Yea drove me insane, had 3 2007 Escalade's, one was the old HL (the better one) and the other 2 were the new, after dozens of GM cars/trucks you had to relearn how to program your garage doors to open, but the instructions were for the first type only. :(

ELUSIVE
10-30-12, 08:43 PM
Homelink is WAY WAY WAY better than the Lear Car2u system.
Not only is it different programming but there are limitations to what you can do with the Car2u system.
I have two houses that have the same brand of garage door opener. My Escalade was unable to be programmed to open both.
Lear Car2u had to send me a module that needed to be hooked up to my door opener to change the frequency to open the door. Cadillac picked up the tab on the unit...but it was still a royal pita.
Another shortcut in my opinion to cut costs by Cadillac. So frustrating...

CadX6
10-30-12, 11:08 PM
You guys must think that Cadillac is here to make our lives simple :stirpot:
I agree with Carl - I got the new one in my 07 & the "Homelink" version in my 03 was far superior.

K9Caddy
10-31-12, 08:06 AM
I have yet to figure out how to program mine.:( Such a pain in the rear.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-31-12, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that some of you haven't found the programming ideal, so I'm documenting your feedback on the subject where GM departments can access it! Please feel free to send me a direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you have further feedback you'd like me to document.

Jackd, are you still having concerns? The section beginning on page 157 may be very helpful, and please drop me a line if you'd like further assistance along the way! Reading the instructions completely is definitely recommended before attempting to program the transmitter. (Because of the steps involved, it may be helpful to have another person available to assist you in programming the transmitter.)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

dog123
10-31-12, 01:43 PM
I guess I don't understand the problem. I had the Homelink on the 2003 Sevile that I owned and now on the 2010 Escalde. On both vehicles, it took about 30 seconds to program and make it work. Just followed the Owners Manual instructions.

CadX6
10-31-12, 05:18 PM
I guess I don't understand the problem. I had the Homelink on the 2003 Sevile that I owned and now on the 2010 Escalde. On both vehicles, it took about 30 seconds to program and make it work. Just followed the Owners Manual instructions.
The problem is that when Cadillac changed suppliers for the 2007 Escalades in mid model year, they changed the programming procedure, but didn't change the instructions in the manual. Obviously, this created quite a bit of consternation among new owners who couldn't open their garages, gates, etc. Fortunately, I had a sharp enough dealer that, when I complained that it wouldn't program, knew the problem & gave me a copy of the service bulletin that Cadillac had put out giving instructions on how to program the new version.

I also had a 2003 Seville & as you say, it was simple to program - but the problem is that Cadillac frequently uses different units in different car lines. My 2003 Seville programmed differently from my 2003 CTS & my 2007 & 2009 Escalades both program differently from either of those.